Lecturer, Skills Laboratory, Faculty of Health Sciences
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Teaching and supervising clinical skills, relevant to the Departments within the Faculty;
- Participating in skills assessment and remediation;
- Updating course content and revising study guides relevant to modules presented by the Skills Laboratories;
- Maintaining the electronic learning environment;
- Arrange training schedules with Departments and allocate training resources accordingly;
- Performing other academic and research duties that resides within the Skills Laboratories;
- Participate in research supervision at an interdisciplinary level;
- Conducting relevant research at a national and international level.
- A relevant Master’s degree in Nursing Sciences or any Master’s degree in a health related profession.
- At least one year experience teaching at a Higher Education Institution;
- Current registration with a relevant professional body;
- At least one DHET accredited publication, preferably published in the last two years.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good interpersonal and mentoring skills;
- Good computer skills and command of especially Microsoft Office;
- Proficient scientific writing skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Experience working in a clinical environment;
- Experience in online teaching and learning environments;
- A qualification in Nursing Education;
- A valid driver’s licence.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 03 August 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mr E Montane, email to: Edwin.firstname.lastname@example.org for application-related enquiries, and Prof R Herselman, email to: email@example.com or call: 012 356 3293 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.