PAVE 2022 Senior Secondary VCE and VCAL Teacher
- Multiple teaching opportunities to join our VCE & VCAL team in 2022
- Part time, casual positions at our Croydon & Wantirna campuses
- Hourly rates up to $81.39p/hr plus 12% superannuation
About the Job
Swinburne is embarking on an exciting journey, working towards our new vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world.
We have multiple roles for VCAL and VCE Teachers to contribute to our Swinburne Senior Secondary Programs. You will be a dynamic VCAL and/or VCE teacher who is proactive with curriculum initiatives, a passionate educator, interested to work in our team and be at the forefront of innovative student engagement and experiences.
You will be experienced to teach in the following areas:
- VCAL (Numeracy – Intermediate and Senior)
- VCE (Chemistry- Units 1-4)
- VCE (Biology – Units 1-4)
The roles are based at the Croydon and Wantirna campuses and you must be willing to travel between campuses and work at a range of locations.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a young university with a long history. As a dual-sector university of technology, born of a technical college, we are proud of Swinburne’s technology DNA, and of our national and global standing. Our contribution to Technology, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and the STEM disciplines, and our track record of meaningful industry and community engagement, are natural manifestations of the legacy initiated by the vision of our founders George and Ethel Swinburne in 1902. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
To be suitable for the role you will have the following:
- Provisional or full registration with the Victorian Institute of Teachers
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110
- AQF5 level (or above) qualification in Secondary Education
- Relevant degree in areas applicable to VCE and VCAL programs including evidence of currency.
- Demonstrated up to date knowledge in the delivery of applicable VCAL and/or VCE subjects
- Demonstrated ability to implement high quality innovative teaching and learning practices in classroom-based and with online learning modes, which respond to a diverse range of student, needs.
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits and refer to ‘Benefits’ section.
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on 'apply' or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Ann Baxter (Swinburne Senior Secondary Program -SSP) by phone: 97296 1720 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Charter of Cultural Diversity
- cience in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan
- Swinburne LGBTIQA+ Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational inclusion strategies
For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and Support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
(Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position)