Lecturer - Engineering
LECTURER – ENGINEERING
SRUC Barony, Dumfries
£31,115 – £38,310 per annum Ref: ASWF/ILM/010/21
SRUC (Scotland’s Rural College) is a widely respected higher education and further education institute dedicated to producing specialist research, delivering high quality education and providing comprehensive consultancy services in the rural sector within the UK and beyond. An organisation unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe; we aim to lead the way in innovation and sustainable development in the agriculture and rural sectors at local, national and international levels.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to help consolidate and grow SRUC’s engineering education and training provision at our Barony Campus.
The successful candidate will have proven skills in: the service, maintenance, diagnostics and repair of hydraulic and electronic systems; ability to service, maintain, diagnose and repair engines, transmissions along with other common systems utilised on a range of modern machines; ability to understand and operate a range of machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
Key responsibilities of the lecturer will include:
• Contributing to the development and delivery of an industry-led, vibrant programme of growth for SRUC’s land-based engineering education and training capability in the South and West Faculty
• Contributing to the delivery of land-based engineering related training and education activities in the South and West Faculty, including a wide range of practical skills to a high standard or workmanship as well as classroom teaching to appropriate academic standards
• Providing guidance and support to enable learners from all sections of the community - including both campus-based and work-based students - to be included in education and achieve their potential as successful learners and future citizens
• Planning and preparing an engaging, inclusive learning experience to progress learning, working both independently and cooperatively with others where relevant
• Ensuring that campus-based and work-based learning programmes meet as a minimum the relevant contractual and QA/QC requirements, including the compilation and submission of internal and external data and reports as required
• Ensuring compliance with the policy and guidelines on health and safety in teaching
• Working with the Programme Team Leader to help identify opportunities to further develop the academic portfolio to increase student recruitment
• Working with the Programme Team Leader to help conduct appropriate liaison with land-based industries in south-west Scotland and beyond
This is a permanent, full time role.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Mr Robert Paterson, Senior Engineer, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information and to apply, please visit: www.sruc.ac.uk/jobs
Closing date: 4 August 2021
Interviews will be held: 11 August 2021
CV’s will not be accepted without a completed application form.
SRUC Leading the way in Agricultural and Rural Research, Education & Consultancy.
SRUC is committed to valuing Diversity, advancing Equality and respecting Human Rights throughout the organisation and encouraging applications from disabled people using the “Disability Confident Employer” symbol. SRUC is a member of the Athena SWAN charter.
SRUC. A Charitable company limited by guarantee, SC003712. Registered in Scotland No SC103046