Research Associate, Power Systems
NUS is looking for a Research Associate for research, development and implementation of intelligent energy management techniques in the built environment for air-conditioning and mechanical ventilation (ACMV) systems and enable buildings to participate in the Singapore’s energy market.
The selected candidate is required to investigate demand side management techniques and demand response for buildings.
- As recognised Master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with specialization in power engineering for buildings
- Has relevant background in transactive control of building energy nodes within nanogrids
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary research team
- Able to work independently by conducting experiments alone or in teams when required.
- Required to assist in the drafting of research proposals and help in managing the research funds and deliverables.
- Able to design, analyse and perform experiments on ACMV/ AHU system in simulation environments and at testbed level.
- Has experience in performing studies on specialized building energy simulation platforms such as EnergyPlus and co-simulation with MATLAB.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages such as Python, MATLAB, C/C++, and R.
- Experience in implementation and demonstration of advanced control techniques for embedded systems and hardware prototypes.
- Familiar with Singapore’s energy market and energy policies, Transactive Energy (TE) framework and Demand Response (DR).
- Able to work on multiple tasks and projects with teams, governmental agencies and collaborators with respect to the research.
- Able to draft research proposals, assist the PI in applying for research grants, and manage the research funds.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Open to fixed-term contract.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Electrical And Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No