The candidate will help manage and analyse research databases, including acting as coordinator for an ongoing global registry of Covid19-related diabetes. The candidate will assist in clinical and translational studies of metabolic/bariatric surgery as well as with educational activities of the team in the field of obesity. In this position, she/he will also contribute to the execution of clinical studies evaluating the effects and mechanisms of action of bariatric/metabolic surgery and/or dietary manipulations on metabolism, with particular regard to non-alcoholic Steato-Hepatitis (NASH) and type 2 diabetes. The candidate will also assist the chair of bariatric and metabolic surgery and other members of the team in our educational initiatives around bariatric and metabolic/bariatric surgery.
This post will be offered on an a fixed-term contract until 30/04/2022 This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
In this role the candidate will act as a clinical research coordinator, and will be involved in a variety of activities including but not limited to screening of potential study candidates, consenting study participants, establishing and maintaining databases, collecting and storing blood and tissue samples, and their analysis. The candidate will also assist in analysing data from studies and design research surveys. The candidate is expected to facilitate timely patients recruitment, data analysis and presentation and reporting of data.
• Act as clinical research coordinator
• Manage a global registry/database of Covid19- related diabetes, and assist with data analysis
• Undertake screening of potential clinical studies candidates, consenting study participants, establishing and maintaining databases, collecting and storing blood and tissue samples, etc.
• Assist in research surveys
• Liaise with other team members to facilitate timely patient’s recruitment and reporting of data
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
• Good quality (upper second or above) first degree (BA, BSc or equivalent) in health or social science discipline with health-related orientation
• MSc in a relevant discipline
• Excellent knowledge/training in health services research
• Good working knowledge of qualitative research methodology and related software
• Ability to prepare ethics and other research governance applications
• Excellent organisational and management skills
• Experience of process and implementation evaluation
• Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Experience of collecting, managing and analysing data from healthcare settings and extraction of data from clinical records (quantitative and/or qualitative)
• Experience of research project management
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to work independently and to deadline
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (spoken and written)
• PhD or equivalent in a relevant discipline
• Background in dietetics/nutrition appreciated
• Background in molecular biology/bench work (e.g. PCR, Western Blot)
• Experience in conducting evidence syntheses (e.g. systematic reviews, meta-analyses) and evidence appraisal
• Database management and ability to perform at least basic statistical analysis and data presentation
• Publication in peer reviewed journals
• Demonstrable interest in improvement / implementation science
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service and Occupational Health clearance.