Supervisor, Facility Management
- Outstanding Supervisory role within our Facilities & Services Group
- Full time, fixed term role until April 2022. Based at our Hawthorn campus
- HEW 7: $90,692 - $97,797 base, plus 17% superannuation
About the Job
Swinburne is embarking on an exciting journey, working towards our new vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. We are seeking an experienced leader to take on the position of Contract Supervisor, Facility Management, to oversee the day-to-day operational management of facility service contracts for Swinburne University of Technology.
Reporting into the Associate Director, Facility Management, you will also oversee the following responsibilities:
- The day-to-day cleaning, porterage, waste, sanitary, pest control, fleet, and car parking services including teams and contractors;
- Management of KPIs with suppliers, reporting on performance, expenditure and revenue;
- The University’s campus parking requirements;
- Repairs and maintenance requests from lessees and invoicing of outgoings; and
- Ensure service requests flow through to suppliers appropriately in relation to the service contracts outlined above.
This is a critical role within the Facility Management department and will contribute to the delivery of our 2025 Strategic Plan.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a young university with a long history. As a dual-sector university of technology, born of a technical college, we are proud of Swinburne’s technology DNA, and of our national and global standing. Our contribution to Technology, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and the STEM disciplines, and our track record of meaningful industry and community engagement, are natural manifestations of the legacy initiated by the vision of our founders George and Ethel Swinburne in 1902. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
To be suitable for the role you will possess:
- Demonstrated ability to lead change in the fields of cleaning, parking, waste, sanitary, porterage, fleet and pest control to develop a more efficient and productive workforce.
- Sound contract management skills with demonstrated ability to take initiative and manage issues.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills
- A valid working with children’s check card (or ability to obtain prior to or upon commencement).
- Current National Police Records Check.
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy 50% study fee reduction
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Private health insurance discounts
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits and refer to ‘Benefits’ section.
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on 'apply' or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Bec Mcleod (Associate Director Facility Management) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Charter of Cultural Diversity
- Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan
- Swinburne LGBTIQA+ Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational inclusion strategies
For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and Support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Applications close at 5:00 pm, Monday 2nd August 2021
(Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position)