Maintenance Technician, Electrician
Salary: £26,715 - £30,046 p.a.
Contract Type: Full-time, permanent
Closing Date: 02-08-2021 12 Midday
UCB are seeking a self-motivated, multi-skilled Maintenance Technician (Electrician) to join our busy and proactive Estates team, to support the maintenance of our portfolio of University (academic and residential) buildings. Duties will range from reactive maintenance and repairs to carrying out planned preventative maintenance and project work.
For this position, you must have:
- Experience in all aspects of electrical work (including installation, fault-finding and repairs).
- Recognised relevant qualification or apprenticeship.
- IET 18th Edition
- The ability to offer outstanding levels of customer service.
- Initiative and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work independently, and effectively within a team.
In addition to specific electrical-work duties, the post-holder will play a key role in maintaining and enhancing the University estate, alongside skilled colleagues. Multi-trade experience is therefore an advantage.
Staff benefits include 38 days’ paid leave per year, excellent staff development opportunities, pension scheme and a private healthcare policy.
Note for applicants:
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.
Closing date: Monday 2 August 2021 at midday
Interview dates: TBC