IT Sub-Portfolio Manager
Location: 1 Guildhall Square
Salary: £39,152 to £49,553 Pro rata per annum
Full Time Fixed Term (12 months)
Closing Date: Thursday 05 August 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
This is an exceptional time to be joining the University of Southampton and its IT Portfolio & Governance function. The team delivers a challenging and ambitious range of change initiatives, especially so in the current environment, and this is an exciting opportunity to take a leadership role in making the change portfolio a success.
About the Role
This is a key role in delivery of the IT Change Portfolio. As well as managing a team of project managers, you will work with colleagues to plan the future roadmap of change, capture and ideate projects that support the lifecycle of our IT services. There is an opportunity to drive improvements in how we capture, report and forward plan work, and you will need to work closely with stakeholders from across the organisation, as well as providing effective portfolio management and line management.
What you’ll do
- Lead and manage the service lifecycle component of the IT Change Portfolio.
- Enable and support project managers in successfully delivering change initiatives.
- Manage the forward plan for projects that support the lifecycle of IT services.
- Deliver continual improvement of the environment for change delivery.
What you’ll bring
- Experience of working with a range of projects and programmes, preferably with an IT component.
- Proven people management skills.
- The ability to think creatively and offer new perspectives on existing problems.
- The ability to persuade and influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrate and role model the Southampton Behaviours, and embed them within your team.
This role is full time - fixed term (maternity cover) for 12 months.
The University of Southampton is a research driven institution, home to some of the world’s leading minds, expanding our knowledge and passing it on to future generations. iSolutions is the University’s IT support service whose 230+ staff support the delivery of the University’s research and education activities as well as the usual business operations. We would love you to join us and help change the world for the better
The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance (30+ days), defined benefit pension, flexi-time and flexible working, generous parental leave and childcare provision. For more information on our benefits, please visit our human resources pages.
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Kate Pounds (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 5456 or email email@example.com Please quote reference 1438021JF on all correspondence.