Research Fellow, Bioinformatics Specialist/Data Scientist
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Fellow (Bioinformatics Specialist/Data Scientist) in the Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Research Fellow (RF) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator (PI) and study team members to successfully deliver research outcomes pursued in several funded projects.
- Perform data analysis using statistical and computational techniques.
- Project planning, manuscript preparation and grant applications.
The applicant should:
- Have a good PhD degree in computation biology, bioinformatics or equivalent from a well-recognized university, with a minimum of 2 years post PhD experience.
- Experience with data technologies, bioinformatics, algorithm design, microarray data, RNA Sequencing, and RNA Sequencing data pre-processing, will be considered favorably.
- Experience with statistical analysis including machine learning (SVM, random Forests, Regression), significance testing, empirical p-value calculation, regression, clustering and deep learning.
- Able to work independently and in a team, and must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess good organizational skills
- Skilled in the following applications, e.g. SPSS, “R”, Stata, Python etc
Appointments will be made on a yearly contract basis with the possibility of extension.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No