Lecturer, Department of Science, Mathematics and Technology Education
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE, MATHEMATICS AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
LECTURER IN COMPUTER INTEGRATED EDUCATION
(CONTRACT APPOINTMENT FOR 20HPW, 1 AUG 2021 TO 31 DEC 2022)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development
The incumbent will be expected to fulfil the following duties of a Computer Integrated Education and Mathematical Literacy Lecturer in the Department of Science Mathematics and Technology Education:
- Curriculum development of and lecturing of modules in the programme(s) based in the department;
- Pursuing research activities such as own research, research-based publications and the supervision of post graduate students registered in the department;
- Developing, presenting and co-ordinating undergraduate and post graduate courses for pre-service and in-service educators and other students for contact, online and distance presentation;
- Mentoring students for practice teaching/work integrated learning;
- Using a learning management system to develop and present courses;
- Presenting lectures and programmes in a hybrid learning environment;
- Providing a significant contribution to research outputs, post graduate teaching and supervision.
- Master’s degree in Computer Integrated Education;
- At least one publication in an accredited journal or equivalent units;
- Evidence of teaching experience in Computer Integrated Education and Mathematics Literacy Methodology for example being a teacher or demonstrator or tutor or lecturer;
- Academic administrative experience;
- Experience and expertise in curriculum development and policies in Computer Integrated Education;
- Experience of teaching practice/work integrated learning.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge of the different knowledge fields in Computer Integrated Education and the Methodology of Mathematical Literacy;
- Knowledge of teaching methodologies in the different knowledge fields in Computer Integrated Education and Mathematical Literacy;
- Knowledge of the South African education system;
- Knowledge of and highly experienced in the design and facilitation in a hybrid learning environment;
- Knowledge in the field of Computer Integrated Education;
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Highly computer literate and knowledgeable in educational technology;
- Ability to apply knowledge and skills in teaching and supervision;
- Ability to work as an individual and in a team.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Evidence of involvement in supervision.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive UP format CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
- Teaching Portfolio;
CLOSING DATE: 28 July 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.