Manager, Acquisition, Branding and Communications
- Combine your passion for career advancement and professional development
- HEW 8: $101,790 - $109,781 base + 17% superannuation
- Full-time, ongoing opportunity, Hawthorn location
Seek Summary View
Outstanding leadership role required to design, develop and implement marketing & communications strategies for Swinburne’s B2B portfolios.
About the Job
The cornerstone of growing our agile and dynamic B2B business is through the continuous growth of our customer database. Key to this leadership role is applying innovative ways to identify the various target audiences of future customers and designing messages inspiring these target audiences to engage. Reporting to the Head of B2B Market Development and Strategy, this key role is responsible for designing, developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies for Swinburne’s B2B and Professional Development product portfolio to generate qualified leads and quality sales enquiries.
With your knowledge and extensive experience in customer acquisition, the design of strategy and lead generation, brand management, media planning and campaign execution are all elements that do come naturally to you.
Our guiding principle focuses on lead generation and lead nurturing. We are driven to achieve set targets and love to celebrate successes, which are measured through reaching weekly and monthly lead acquisition targets. If this aligns with your career aspiration of becoming the new Acquisition, Brand and Communications Manager of Swinburne B2B marketing team then we would love to hear from you.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a young university with a long history. As a dual-sector university of technology, born of a technical college, we are proud of Swinburne’s technology DNA, and of our national and global standing. Our contribution to Technology, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and the STEM disciplines, and our track record of meaningful industry and community engagement, are natural manifestations of the legacy initiated by the vision of our founders George and Ethel Swinburne in 1902. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
About the B2B Marketing Team
The B2B marketing team provides marketing services to a number of business units who engage with and service commercial clients in the form of corporate and private organisations (B2B), government departments and government agencies, and individual professionals learners (B2C). The commercial marketing team functions as a journey squad and operates in an agile and dynamic workplace setting.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or extensive management experience and proven management expertise; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience working in a B2B marketing role or a Marketing communications role.
- Experience in achieving successful outcomes in a large and complex organisation.
- Proven experience in planning, managing, and delivering marketing activities across numerous segments, channels and markets.
- Knowledge about the education sector is desirable but not mandatory
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy 50% study fee reduction
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Private health insurance discounts
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits and refer to ‘Benefits’ section.
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on 'apply' or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Marion Ware (Head of B2B Market Development and Strategy) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Charter of Cultural Diversity
- Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan
- Swinburne LGBTIQA+ Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational inclusion strategies
For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and Support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Applications close at 6 pm on Sunday 1st of August 2021
(Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position)