Senior Contract Development Officer
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The UNSW Canberra Governance Unit manages the Defence Contract and associated reporting obligations. The Unit provides risk and assurance support across the University College, leads service improvements in business processes, and uplifts education and awareness of approved University College projects. The Unit provides strategic support to the Faculty Board, Faculty Committees, School Boards and Program Advisory Groups.
The Senior Contract Development Officer will work closely with the Contract Manager to develop the milestones for the Defence Contract and contribute to productive working relationships within the Faculty and University and wider stakeholders. Committed to advancing the Relationship between UNSW Canberra and Department of Defence and an ongoing commitment to improve our business functions relevant to the Existing University ADFA contract. We are looking for a Senior Contract Development Officer to qualify, capture and lead the development and delivery of annual business documentation, that stipulates how the University intends to deliver Service to Defence including Education Service, Research Service underpin by quality and assurance processed to ensure excellent services that meet defence capability needs.
Reporting to the Contract Manager, this role will manage the initial establishment and execution of business opportunities and developing long range business strategies to enhance the University-Defence relationship.
You will, contribute to the strategic relationship planning, and innovation discussions plus support the universities business capture and delivery processes. This would include coordinating, establishing and maintaining customer relationships critical to new business development as well as with key stakeholders Across the UNSW Canberra College.
About the Role:
Role: Senior Contract Development Officer
Salary: Broadband Level 6/7
Level 6: $ 89,670 – $95,656 plus 17% Superannuation
Level 7: $98,354 - $106,449 plus 17% Superannuation
Term: Full Time, Continuing
About the Successful Applicants
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bring experience in partnership relationship management, having previously worked on /innovation bids between higher education intuitions and government would be a significant advantage.
- Have demonstrable experience of supporting successful business relationship though on time delivery.
- Have broad, contemporary knowledge and understanding of Commonwealth procedure policy, plus higher education qualifications.
- Be a fantastic communicator in both verbal and written communications
- Be confident in the Microsoft Office Suite to work efficiently and effectively
- Take pride in your ability to work with a team and support your stakeholders seamlessly
- Have the ability to meet conflicting timeframes and prioritise tasks appropriately.
- Experience in Higher Education/Commonwealth relationships is highly advantageous.
- Experience with Government Service procurement or experience utilising a range of business relationship management tools are highly desirable.
In your application, please upload a 2-page pitch addressing the Skills and Experience outlined in the Position Description. If you are applying for the Level 7 role, you are expected to address all Skills and Experiences for both the Level 6 and Level 7 role. Please clearly indicate the level you are applying for.
In order to view the Position Description – please ensure that you allow pop-ups for Jobs@UNSW Portal.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake pre-employment checks prior to commencement in this role. The checks that will be undertaken are listed in the Position Description. You will not be required to provide any further documentation or information regarding the checks until directly requested by UNSW.
The position is located in Canberra, ACT. The successful candidate will be required to work from the UNSW Canberra campus. To be successful you will hold Australian Working Rights or Australian Citizenship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this appointment.
For further information about UNSW Canberra, please visit our website: UNSW Canberra
Kath Kulhanek, Deputy Faculty Executive Director
P: 0425 217 113
Applications Close: 27 July 2021 11:30PM
Find out more about working at UNSW Canberra
At UNSW Canberra, we celebrate diversity and understand the benefits that inclusion brings to the university. We aim to ensure that our culture, policies, and processes are truly inclusive. We are committed to developing and maintaining a workplace where everyone is valued and respected for who they are and supported in achieving their professional goals. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Women at all levels, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse People, People with Disability, LGBTIQ+ People, people with family and caring responsibilities and people at all stages of their careers. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares our commitment to inclusion to apply.
Any questions about the application process - please email firstname.lastname@example.org