Manager Asset Management
- Outstanding leadership role within the Facilities & Services Group at Swinburne University
- Full time, ongoing position at our Hawthorn campus
- HEW 8: $101,790 base plus 17% superannuation
About the Job
Swinburne is embarking on an exciting journey, working towards our new vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. We are seeking an outstanding professional to take on the position of Manager Asset Management and will lead the development and delivery of innovative and integrated Total Asset Management (TAM) strategies and the asset renewals and disposal programs, to optimise asset performance. The role provides strategic advice relating to university’s asset management system, related compliance requirements and manages the development of policy, strategies, standards, processes, plans and information systems.
In this crucial role, you will operate with significant autonomy within the University’s policy framework in building and managing key internal and external relationships and resources, and significantly contribute towards Swinburne’s work environment and culture.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a young university with a long history. As a dual-sector university of technology, born of a technical college, we are proud of Swinburne’s technology DNA, and of our national and global standing. Our contribution to Technology, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and the STEM disciplines, and our track record of meaningful industry and community engagement, are natural manifestations of the legacy initiated by the vision of our founders George and Ethel Swinburne in 1902. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
To be suitable for the role you will possess relevant qualification, skills and demonstrable experience in:
- Areas of asset management and lifecycle planning of the built environment, infrastructure assets and supporting services through their lifecycle,
- Development and implementation of an asset management system as per the requirements of ISO 55000 series of Asset Management standards and Asset Management Accountability Framework (AMAF).
- Development of an asset strategy, asset budget/investment plans and other asset management documentation.
- Managing asset information, related IT systems and lifecycle decision making models.
- Leading and managing a team of staff/ consultants to achieve position objectives and personal development.
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy 50% study fee reduction
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Private health insurance discounts
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits and refer to ‘Benefits’ section.
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on 'apply' or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Nitin Saxena - Associate Director, Campus and Asset Services by email: email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- harter of Cultural Diversity
- Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan
- Swinburne LGBTIQA+ Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational inclusion strategies
For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and Support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Applications close at 5 pm, Tuesday 3 August 2021
(Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position)