Faculty positions at Jindal School of Languages & Literature
Professors/Associate Professors / Assistant Professors / Lecturers / Assistant Lecturers, Jindal School of Languages & Literature (JSLL): Spanish Language and Literature
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an internationally recognized leader in higher education. Located in the National Capital Region, Delhi (Sonipat), India, JGU provides students a world-class education in a vibrant intellectual community. The university is host to 6500+ students, 800+ faculty members, and 500+ staff members representing 37 countries, across 10 multi-disciplinary Schools: Law, Business, International Affairs, Government and Public Policy, Liberal Arts and Humanities, Journalism & Communication, Banking & Finance, Art & Architecture, Environment & Sustainability and Psychology & Counselling. JGU is dedicated to promoting global learning through its global faculty, global curricula, global collaborations, global research and global programmes. JGU is the youngest university to be ranked in the Top 3% of all universities in the World and in the Top 150 universities (under 50 years of age) by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World Rankings 2021. JGU has been ranked among the “Top 700 universities in the World” in the QS World University Rankings 2021 and recognised as an “Institution of Eminence” by the Government of India.
The Jindal School of Languages & Literature (JSLL), the 11th school of JGU, will begin its first academic session in August 2022. In its first phase, JSLL shall offer two undergraduate degree programmes: BA (Hons) English and BA (Hons) Spanish.
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) invites applications for multiple faculty positions in the Jindal School of Languages & Literature (JSLL).
Role and responsibilities:
Faculty members will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, mentor students and engage in other activities on behalf of the School and the university. Faculty shall oversee internship programmes, foster collaboration in research and instruction, enhance the reputation of the university and help contribute to the advance of their profession at global and local levels. Appointees at level of Associate Professor or Professor are expected to be globally accomplished scholars with commensurate experience in institutional administration and other areas of academic leadership (e.g., journal editorships, leadership of professional associations).
Applicants should have completed significant research projects in one or more areas of language and literature studies (and/or translation, linguistics) and their work should have been communicated to an academic/ professional community in the form of publications, conference presentations, media reports or other appropriate mode of professional communication. Applicants are expected to have an agenda of future research and to be able to ‘teach through research’ and train researchers (including undergraduates). Preference will be given to those with demonstrated excellence in teaching and who possess communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with an increasingly diverse array of students and colleagues.
Qualifications and professional experience:
- For Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor position, earned doctorate at time of application. The doctoral degree must be in Spanish language and/or literature, or comparative literature (with Spanish as one element), or translation studies (with Spanish as source or target language), or linguistics, or drama studies/performing arts. Candidates holding doctorates in Hispanic Studies or Latin American Studies shall also be considered, provided they are fluent in Spanish.
- For Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer position, an applicant holds Master's degree in the relevant field.
- Candidates at all levels of appointment are expected to have native speaker proficiency in (or near mastery of) the Spanish language.
- Undergraduate-level teaching experience in Spanish language/literature/cultural studies is required; additional post-graduate teaching experience is preferred for applicants at level of Associate Professor/Professor.
- Research published in professional peer-reviewed journal(s) and/or as monographs. (Other forms of professional communication and outreach may be recognized as contributing to the research publication requirement.)
Knowledge and abilities:
The successful candidate must demonstrate depth of knowledge of their academic field as well as:
- ability to effectively communicate and work collegially and productively with colleagues;
- ability to effectively engage and teach students with a wide range of skills, motivations and academic and vocational goals;
- ability to promote innovation, teaching, learning and service to a diverse student population;
- ability to participate in the development of curriculum and assess student learning outcomes;
- ability to maintain an active research career, resulting in regular output of professional publications.
Compensation and benefits:
JGU is an equal opportunity employer and offers internationally competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with the candidate's qualification and experience.
Apart from a competitive salary, JGU offers research benefits comparable to the top international universities along with comprehensive health and accidental insurance coverage, accommodation on university campus, staff development allowance, research grants, research rewards for publications and other benefits.
Applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of Interest (addressing teaching, research, institution building, contribution to profession). The LoI should not be a summary of the curriculum vitae but rather a narrative highlighting or further describing your relevant skills, experiences, accomplishments, academic interests, career goals.
- Names of least two professional referees, identified by title/affiliation, and with complete contact and e-mail information – preferably an academic e-mail address (e.g., .edu, .ac). Identifying a referee implies your consent to JGU communicating with the referee on a confidential basis.
Interested candidates can send applications to HR@JGU.EDU.IN latest by July 15, 2021.
More searches like this
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Academic Posts jobs in India
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Professors / Chairs jobs in India
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in India
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in India