Research Assistant, Centre for Quantum Technologies
7 days left
- Full Time
The Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is looking for a talented and motivated Research Assistant (Electronics/optoelectronics engineering) to join our team in developing quantum light sources.
The successful candidate will work on the electronics and software for generating and modulating light source for quantum experiments. They will further assist with electrical engineering aspects of the group’s projects.
Specifically, they will need to:
- Develop and implement electronics for modulating current/voltage of laser diode and other opto-electronic components
- Design low-noise constant current/voltage sources along with power convertor circuits such as linear regulators, DC-DC converters
- Design sensor circuits for opto-electronic devices
- Design custom PCBs with complete end-to-end ownership of developing schematics, routing and layout, partial/complete assembly of components and testing.
- Assemble components on custom PCBs in lab/workshop
- Preferably be able to program microcontrollers and write simple software to control optoelectronics and custom PCBs.
- Assist with electronics related issues that arise in the experimental research activities of the group.
They may also
- Develop high pulse rate drivers for laser diodes
- Develop electronics for the readout of superconducting nanowire detectors
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor Degree in Electronics/ Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in designing and developing precise analogue electronic circuits
- Fast learner, self-motivated and independently perform duties of an electronics engineer without the need for extensive monitoring
The candidate will need to be comfortable in a small-team academic environment, flexible to changing priorities and requirements, and they will need to develop a good understanding and appreciation of the science experiments and its working so as to best fulfil their duties.
A proven track-record in some relevant areas is preferable, e.g. quantum key distribution, quantum physics, detector physics, instrumentation, optoelectronics, encryption systems, UHF radio systems.
Group homepage: https://www.quantumlah.org/research/group/Alexander
Applications can then be submitted via the link below and should contain: a a CV and cover letter
Remuneration will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Duration of Contract: up to 1 year (subject to funding availability and performance appraisal)
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Centre for Quantum Technologies
Department: Alexander Ling Group
Employee Referral Eligible: No