Research Fellow, Lee Kong Chian School of Business
- Full Time | Contract
- Singapore | Closing On 07 Aug 2021
1 year contract
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
The postdoc research fellow will be involved in several activities, including:
- Conducting research on innovative recruitment and selection approaches;
- Publishing in scholarly and reputable journals;
- Pursuing collaborations with potential industry partners;
- Assisting in the organization of selection days
- PhD in industrial/organizational psychology (or closely related field such as human resources management, organizational behavior, social psychology, industrial labor relations, applied economics, etc.);
- Candidates who have completed and submitted their dissertation may also be considered.
- Strong research capability as evidenced by good publication records.
- Prior research experience in HRM (selection, assessment, and recruitment) is an advantage;
- Expertise in research methods (including but not limited to field survey-based research design, laboratory experiments);
- Competence in advanced quantitative data analysis (via SPSS, Mplus, or R, etc.);
- Excellence in written communication;
- Ability to work both as part of a team and fluency in Enqlish