Postdoctoral/Research Fellow, Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs
- AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (ANU)
- Canberra, Australia
- 07 Jul 2021
- End of advertisement period
- 08 Aug 2021
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Politics & International Studies
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Classification: Academic Level A or B
Salary package: $74,775 - $115,428 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full time (35 hours per week), Fixed Term up to December 2022
- Fantastic opportunity for an early career researcher to build their profile and expand their network
- Be a part of a world-leading centre for research, education and policy analysis on international and Asia Pacific politics, security, diplomacy and strategic affairs.
- Work in a beautiful campus environment on the city’s doorstep
The ANU College of Asia & the Pacific (CAP) leads intellectual engagement with the Asia-Pacific region through research, teaching and contributions to public debate, and seeks to set the international standard for scholarship concerning the region. The College hosts the largest number of regional experts and specialist academic programs in the English-speaking world, and plays a vital role in informing public policy and Australia's intellectual engagement with the societies, cultures and economies of Asia and the Pacific.
Follow the College of Asia and the Pacific on social media: LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook
The Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs (Bell School) is a world-leading centre for research, education and policy analysis on international and Asia Pacific politics, security, diplomacy and strategic affairs. The School is made up of four vibrant units: the Department of International Relations; the Department of Pacific Affairs; the Department of Political and Social Change; and the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre.
Read more about Bell School: http://bellschool.anu.edu.au/
Bell School is offering up to two postdoctoral fellowships (at either Level A or Level B) to ambitious early career researchers with innovative research agendas in the fields of political science, international relations, strategic studies or a related discipline with a particular focus on the Asia-Pacific or one of the countries therein. The fellowships are being offered as full-time, fixed term contracts up to December 2022. These fellowships are supported by the Commonwealth Research Support Package.
In this role, you will undertake research in your field and also assist and be supported to seek external funding, contribute to outreach activities and supervise graduate coursework and research students. This is a fantastic opportunity to not only be a part of Australia's #1 university, but also join a leading academic centre renowned for its exceptional scholars and its significant impact on policy-making. You will be able to build and leverage strong networks within a school that has unrivalled expertise in international and Asia-Pacific politics, security, strategy and diplomacy.
The positions are located in Canberra. The successful candidates must have rights to live and work in Australia and be able to commence within a reasonable timeframe.
Closing Date: 8 August 2021
Position Description: Level A-B_Postdoctoral-Research Fellow_Bell School.pdf
To enquire about this opportunity, please contact Professor Evelyn Goh, Deputy Director (Research) - E: Director.email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
How to Apply
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A 1-2 page statement addressing the selection criteria (refer to the Position Description linked below)
- A compelling research proposal (max. 2 pages) outlining your research and publication plans for the duration of the fellowship
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees, you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.