Instructor and Learning Designer
1 day left
- Full Time
Instructor and Learning Designer
The Sheikh Mohamad bin Zayed Community Programs at NYUAD invites applications for a non-tenure-track Instructor and Learning Designer who possesses a holistic and learner-centered approach to teaching and designing educational experiences that embrace learning outcomes, motivation, and learning environment efficacy. In addition to teaching various segments of the new College Readiness and Success Course for the Summer Academy, the Instructor will work in collaboration with the Principal Instructor of the SMSP and Summer Academy Leadership and Public Speaking Course, Diane C. Yu overseeing full academic enhancement and course delivery. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to instruction, grading, advisement and curricular development, lesson planning, etc. As well, the Instructor will also support programmatic activities on SMSP/SA weekends as necessary and participate in selection activities and graduation events, as needed.
The Learning Designer segment of the job, will oversee and provide curricular guidance and design for the new College Readiness Course, complete with unit by unit lesson creation, learning outcomes, and assessment models. As we embark on new directions for the Summer Academy and SMSP curriculum and a possible expansion of Summer Academy, other curricular design duties will be necessary for each phase of expansion.
The Instructor will be responsible for coordination across two high-level community outreach programs. This individual will have the unique opportunity to work with a dynamic team to identify and execute areas for improved instructional effectiveness across both programs. The instructor may be required to align with classes and co-curricular activities across two time zones.
Instructor responsibilities include:
- Teaching, grading, lesson planning, curriculum design and supporting other instructors in the same
- Hold regular advisement hours with students;
- Participate in program faculty meetings
- Provide students regular and prompt feedback, including interim and final grading;
- Engage in program and curricular assessment, including attending a one-day post program retreat immediately after the program concludes;
- Assist with writing letters of recommendation;
- Participate in and assist with the supervision of students during co-curricular activities;
- Sustain active and ongoing classroom engagement;
- Undertake other duties as assigned;
Learning Design responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with the SMBZ Community Programs Team, design and curate curriculum and accompanying learning resources that enhance the learner experience and meet learning objectives
- Create and deliver high-quality programs and interactive learning experiences in a variety of educational settings suitable to the programs and learners
- Use data analytics, learner and contextual analysis and interface design assessment to evaluate learning experiences and resolve educational challenges
- Oversee the creation and implementation of a newly-designed College Readiness and Success course in Summer Academy
- Undertake other learning design duties as assigned
Required Work and Related Experience
- Higher Education teaching experience
- Curricular assessment and evaluation, including using data analytics, learner and contextual analysis, and interface design to improve curriculum and evaluate learning experiences
- The ability to work with students from the three federal universities in the UAE
- Experience teaching and supporting ESL learners, particularly teaching writing skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English with diverse cultures and populations
- An understanding and demonstrated ability in Learning Experience Design
- A high level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and an energetic desire to carry out the mission the Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Community Programs
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to develop and implement process, policy and related recommendations for senior management
- Excellent judgement, tact, diplomacy, discretion and the ability to maintain confidences
- The ability to be creative and flexible in response to fast-changing and complex work situations
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office and Google Suite of Tools
Preferred Work and Related Experience
- Familiarity with online instruction
- Some practical experience in curriculum design/learning experience design for Gulf Region Learners
- Well versed in quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data in NYU systems and be able to strictly follow data privacy and security procedures for data handling and analysis to ensure adherence to legal and institutional standards
Required Education, Certifications, Licensing or Training:
- MSc in Learning Experience Design or M. Ed in Education
Preferred Education, Certifications, Licensing or Training
- Doctorate in Learning Experience Design
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references who may be contacted at a later date.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We anticipate that successful candidates can start the appointment in the academic year 2021-2022.
NYUAD is committed to equality and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University.
For questions about this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join NYU Abu Dhabi, an exceptional place for exceptional people.
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply.