Facilities and Compliance Manager
We particularly encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to achieve a more dynamic company.
The British American Drama Academy (BADA) was founded in 1984 to enable students from across the world to study classical theatre with leading actors and directors of the British theatre. BADA aims to provide exceptional, rigorous and immersive theatre training across a range of courses for students aged 16-18; undergraduates studying abroad as part of their Bachelor’s degree, and life-long learners.
The primary purpose of the role of Facilities and Compliance Manager is to ensure the smooth running of all BADA’s facilities both in London and, during its summer programme, in Oxford; to have oversight of, and ensure the institution’s compliance with, all essential regulations, and to ensure the efficient operation of the BADA office.
The position’ responsibilities include general facilities management; compliance; health & safety and general office management.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a similar position either in schools or higher education
- Demonstrable experience and working understanding of regulations related to facilities management, compliance and health & safety relevant to UK education settings
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES
Organisational / administrative skills
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to meet deadlines, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage emergency situations in line with agreed procedures
- Willingness to undertake other duties as required
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Professional and approachable manner
- Self-motivated and flexible team player who enjoys being part of a small team in a busy student-focussed environment
- Computer literate, with working knowledge of standard Microsoft software
- Willingness to undertake further training as required
- Full time, with the ability to be on call as part of BADA’s on-call emergency response rota and to respond to out of hours emergencies when required (rota or emergency)
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and / or weekends
- Relevant HSE qualification e.g. IOSH or NEBOSH
- First Aid qualification
- Experience of running a risk register
- Knowledge of GDPR legislation
- Experience of DBS checks
- Diversity & Equity training
BADA is a well-established, small, rigorous and inclusive theatre training community. All staff are expected to work together in a positive and collaborative spirit, and to share a deep commitment to our vision to enable US and other international students to participate fully in our courses, irrespective of barriers they may face linked to ethnicity, class, disability, gender, sexuality, socio-economic or any other.
Candidates must have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK.
How to apply:
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website at http://www.bada.org.uk/jobs/.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The deadline for applications is Monday 26th July. Interviews are anticipated to be held in the week beginning Monday 2 August.
More searches like this
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Professional Services jobs in London (Central)
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Administrative jobs in London (Central)
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Estates & Facilities jobs in London (Central)
- Art, Performing Arts & Design International Activities jobs in London (Central)
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Library / Records / Information Management jobs in London (Central)