Post-doc Researcher in the Field of Forest Management Planning
Post-doc Researcher in the Field of Forest Management Planning and decision making under climate change
Global warming is a one of the world’s environmental problems caused by CO2 emissions from power stations, industrial emissions, traffic, and other sources. There are many control options available. One of them is forests, which cover large areas of the world. Active forest management which will limit other ecosystem services as little as possible is need for such types of action. In the same time, it is necessary to search the compromise solution between active management and fulfilment other ecosystem services, like recreation, biodiversity, non-wood timber products and so on.
The research position is aimed at young scientists interested in study of different ecosystem services of forests depending on the management system. The research task will consist of several steps, including calculating and modelling selected ecosystem service for different types of managements systems, resulting into an optimization model incorporating uncertainties and risks due to the lack of data or natural disturbances.
- The applicant should have a PhD or other appropriate level 8 of ISCED (International Standard Classification of Education) qualification completed within the last 7 years in environmental or related sciences (biology, ecology, forest science and plant physiology)
- The applicant has worked outside of the Czech Republic for at least 2 years as a researcher (0.5 contract or more) or has studied doctoral studies during the last 3 years.
- The applicant has already published 2 peer-reviewed research outputs during the last 3 years.
- All research activities will be conducted in English, knowledge of the Czech language is not required. Excellent English communication and writing skills on the level of native speaker is essential.
Selection will be based on the relevance of candidates’ professional interests and experience, as well as excellence in research achievements.
Position duration, starting date and salary:
The duration of the position is 12 months, with the possibility of extension for 12-24 months, starting earliest in September 2021. The gross monthly salary starts at 63,500 CZK (circa 2,400 EUR) including health insurance and social security cover. Monthly salary represents double the median salary in the Czech Republic. To compare living costs see: https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living.
Required application documents:
- Diploma (and its nostrification, if necessary)
- Professional CV, including a list of publications
- Confirmation of 2 years professional activity outside of the Czech Republic within the last 3 years (confirmation can also be included in the CV)
The deadline for application is July 31, 2021. Application review will begin immediately. Successful candidates will be contacted in the middle of August 2021. The second round of the interview will take place in the form of a video call.
About the employer
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Forestry and Wood Sciences, is searching for 1 senior position in the field of forest management planning and decision making under climate change a new project: “Supporting the development of international mobility research, technical and administrative staff of the CZU in Prague - phase II”. Applicant would be a part of our research team at the Department of Department of Forest Management (https://www.fld.czu.cz/en/r-9413-departments/r-9473-departments/r-10406-department-of-forest-management).
The aim of the project, co-financed by the Operational Program Research, Development and Education, is to support the development of international mobility of research staff at CULS Prague. (project no. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_053/0016979)
- Working on a temporary contract (12 months, starting earliest in September 2021),
- Salary: at least € 2,400 (Advantage: Low living expenses in Prague)
- Place of work: Kamýcká 129, 16500 Prague – Suchdol, Czech Repuplic (EU)
- Benefits of the CULS employee
- Work in a dynamic, international, cooperative and high professional quality tea
- Extend research networks by participation in international conferences and presentation of research findings
- Working in English
- Forest Ecosystem Services
- Forest Management
- Forest Growth and Modelling
- Decision making
Send your CV and other required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (Ing. Jan Kašpar, Ph.D)
More information about rules of selection procedure you can see in University Internal Regulation on the website HERE“