Audio Visual Technician
- Audio Visual Technician opportunity with the Department of Screen & Media
- Part time (0.8), fixed term until Dec 2021 at our Hawthorn campus
- HEW 4: $65,725 plus 17% superannuation
About the Job
Swinburne is embarking on an exciting journey, working towards our new vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world.
We are seeking an energetic, collaborative and a self-motivated Audio Visual Technician to join our Screen and Media AV Tech team within the Department of Business, Design, Media and ICT.
The Audio Visual Technician will work closely with the AV Tech Coordinator and is responsible for the management, maintenance, assembly, asset tracking, secure storage and loan of all audio-visual equipment and facilities to support teaching and learning activities. This is a hands-on role suitable for a person who has a passion for AV technology, attention to detail, a can-do attitude, work collaboratively and communicate effectively, and work closely with all members of staff, students and external stakeholders to assist in course delivery and a variety of screen and media activities.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a young university with a long history. As a dual-sector university of technology, born of a technical college, we are proud of Swinburne’s technology DNA, and of our national and global standing. Our contribution to Technology, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and the STEM disciplines, and our track record of meaningful industry and community engagement, are natural manifestations of the legacy initiated by the vision of our founders George and Ethel Swinburne in 1902. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
To be suitable for the role you will have:
- Relevant Advanced Diploma or equivalent in applicable area: i.e. Film & TV production and services or screen and media. Or minimum of 1 year experience in similar position
- Thorough understanding of high and ultra-high-definition film and television production equipment. Familiarity with editing equipment and software would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with both students and staff members
- Good working knowledge of safe working practices within the film and television industry
- Good time management skills
- Ability to safely move and handle equipment
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits and refer to ‘Benefits’ section.
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on 'apply' or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Franx Ann, Manager Screen & Media on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Charter of Cultural Diversity
- Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan
- Swinburne LGBTIQA+ Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational inclusion strategies
For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and Support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Applications close at 5 pm, Wednesday 30 June 2021