Lecturer in Nursing (All Fields)
Lecturer in Nursing (All Fields) Permanent, Full Time
Job reference 0000012750
Date posted 21/06/2021
Application closing date 19/07/2021
Salary £40,322 – £49,553 per annum
Package Plus excellent package and benefits
Join our team!
We are seeking to recruit lecturers in Nursing (all fields), who are passionate about the development of the nursing profession and preparing future nurses! As a member of the nursing Subject Group, you will be joining a vibrant academic team who work with other colleagues across the school as part of a supportive, collaborative interprofessional community. You will be working with expert enthusiastic colleagues who are committed to providing an outstanding student experience on our nursing programmes, at all academic levels. As part of your role you will teach, assess, support students as a personal tutor and lead modules and/or programmes in the School; with initial support and the opportunity to od a teaching qualification, if you are new to Higher Education.
You will be supported in the role to further develop your own academic career in your identified academic pathway (Professional Practice, Learning & Teaching, Research or Business & Enterprise) through access to a range of resources available to all University staff and through a coaching approach to personal development. Preference will be given to candidates with Doctorates or already registered for a PhD. We work in an inclusive way and can support flexible and remote working. We will also consider applications for part-time time working, job sharing and secondments.
If you are excited at the prospect of joining our fantastic interprofessional team as a lecturer in nursing, then we’d love to receive an application from you!
- Current registration with the relevant Professional Statutory Regulatory Body for the role
- Demonstrable evidence of teaching, assessing and supporting learners in a higher education and/or clinical practice setting
- A growing research/scholarship profile including professional dissemination activity and/or peer reviewed publications
- Commitment to sustained continuous professional/academic development.
- Experience of working clinically
- Doctoral level qualification (or registered for a Doctorate/ or ready to start one)
- Post-graduate certificate in higher education or equivalent
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy or a strong
- willingness to achieve membership within 2 years of appointment
- Evidence of applying for external funding
For more information on the position, please see our full role profile here
Benefits we offer
- We offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement and offer an attractive benefit package.
- Salary: £40,322 – 49,553 per annum (Grade 6)
- Further information about our benefits can be found here
- For more information regarding this position please contact Mark Johnston
- Application closing date: Monday 19th July@11.59pm
- Please note due to COVID-19 it is possible that interviews will take place via video conferencing.
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations and holds Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here.