Head of Operations
Job Profile Finance - Accountants
Contract Type Permanent
The post holder will work with the Dean and members of SMT to ensure the School’s commercial and financial effectiveness.
The post holder will do the following:
- Work with the Head of Business Support & Partnership to lead the commercial strategy in the School of Nursing.
- Work across the BPP Group to fully engage in improvement initiatives.
- Be in charge of overseeing the financial performance of the School of Nursing including opportunities for cost efficiencies.
- Prepare and submit a monthly budget / accruals / adjustments Report to the Dean and Senior Finance Analyst.
- Work with the Head of Business Support & Partnership & Head of Faculty to ensure staffing numbers enable effective and efficient delivery of the portfolio.
- Possess strong accounting and analytical skills.
The role will be Home and Office Based - London Waterloo.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Dean with the development of the School's 5-year plan.
- Prepare financial spreadsheets and plans.
- Working with the Head of Business Support and Associate Dean, Director of Programmes to ensure costs are managed in line with budget.
- Provide regular financial analysis for the Dean & Head of Business Support.
- Work with the Head of Business Support to lead the monthly, P&L calls.
- Work with the Head of Business Support ensuring that the school, tracks student withdrawals, IoS to ensure that revenue predictions are accurate.
The above is not an exhaustive list, and the post holder may be asked to undertake duties commensurate with the level of the role.
Department School of Nursing
Vacancy location UK, Home Based, Home and Office Based
- First degree or experience of running financial administrative operations.
- Accountancy qualifications or significant experience in accountancy.
- Knowledge of the UK Higher Education sector.
- Experience of analysing data and report writing.
- Experience of creating budget and presenting financial details.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, challenge and inspire people.
- Proactive ‘can do' attitude.
- IT packages.
- Able to manage workload.
- Able to deal with difficult/sensitive issues.
- Able to manage people and resolve conflicts.
Contract Hours 37.50