School Manager, Melbourne Dental School
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne Dental School
Salary: Senior Manager 1 - An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
This is an exceptional opportunity to develop, maintain and manage a high quality of business and operational services within the Melbourne Dental School (MDS).
Reporting to the Head of School with professional responsibility to the Chief Operating Officer, the School Manager is the most senior member of professional staff within MDS and is a member of the School’s Senior Management Committee as well as an active member of and contributor to various Faculty and University committees.
The School Manager works closely with the Head of School, as well as key senior Faculty and University staff, to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to identify new business and source funding opportunities that support and further the School’s strategic goals and objectives.
The position works closely with the Head of School in identifying, initiating and implementing change management initiatives which support the School, the Faculty and the University to meet goals and objectives. Change management initiatives may include the management of change processes, implementation of as School strategic project and the successful integration of professional services, delivery of comprehensive administrative support services, and the maintenance and development of stakeholder relationships.
You will possess;
- A tertiary qualification in management or business administration, or other comparable qualification, plus extensive experience in a similar role at senior level in a large and complex organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic and operational plans and business process and systems improvement, to ensure the delivery of programs and services on time and enhance service delivery outcomes
- Proven ability to exercise judgment, initiative and highly developed problem solving skills, to develop and implement policy and formulate, develop and implement innovative ideas and solutions.
- Strong and demonstrated experience leading human resource, financial management and administrative support functions
- Demonstrated experience with initiating, socialising and managing change processes successfully and high level stakeholder engagement and development of business partnerships
- Evidence of outstanding management skills, with demonstrated ability to foster a collaborative and cooperative work environment lead a multidisciplinary team, coach and mentor team members, assess staff performance and attract and retain talented professionals
Melbourne Dental School
The Melbourne Dental School has a strong tradition in dental research and an established international reputation in several research areas. Research in the School is an integral component of staff and student activities underpinning both the undergraduate and graduate curricula. The major research activities of the school are conducted via three Divisions and four major research groups, which range translational biomedical science to clinical studies, pedagogical research. The Head of School joined the University of Melbourne in 2020 and is leading a programme of change within the School focusing on strategic reviews of education, research and organisational structure, known as MDS’25.
We offer a number of employee benefits to maximise your work life at University of Melbourne (UOM). Some of the benefits on offer are; a salary packaging scheme, flexible family friendly policies - providing generous leave and working conditions. An opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment with substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at UOM
To find out more, go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
Applications close: 18 Jul 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time