Research Data Coordinator
The King’s Centre for Military Health Research (KCMHR), King’s College London, is the leading civilian UK centre of excellence for military and veteran health research. Independent of the Ministry of Defence and chain of command, our research has provided much-needed evidence on the health and well-being of serving and ex-serving personnel and their families.
We are now seeking to appoint a dynamic Research Data Coordinator to lead the Centre’s data storage, data processing, data cleaning and data analytics. This key role will help support the Centre’s on-going research activities.
This is a unique role for a motivated, proactive, and well organised individual to join our Centre. It is essential for you to have strong technical skills such as SQL, STATA and R with particular emphasis in applying these skills in a research context. You will support the Centre in ensuring that the collection and storage of data is compliant with best practice and the requirements of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and other regulatory bodies. Furthermore, to be successful you must have good communication skills, both written and verbal, maintain high standards of accuracy and be able to follow procedures.
The post is based at the KCMHR offices at Denmark Hill but is expected that the successful applicant will work remotely from home until travel to campus is safe to resume.
About the Faculty:
About the King’s Centre for Military Health Research:
• Lead the development and management of the Centre’s datasets and databases
• Supporting the team to access the Centre’s datasets and databases
• Having oversight of, and contributing to, all processes involved with data management
• Ensuring effective communications are maintained with the Centre team
• Supporting the Centre’s Information Governance compliance
• Preparing, processing, cleaning, uploading, and checking of Centre datasets and databases
• Implementing robust backup and other disaster recovery processes
• Support the building of surveys using REDCap, Qualtrics or similar survey platforms
• Participating in Centre research meetings
• Any other duties as may be deemed reasonable by the Director of KCMHR
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
• Degree in computer science or a related subject (or equivalent qualifications/experience)
• Experience in developing databases, for example, Microsoft Access or MS SQL Server
• Experience of managing large datasets and/or clinical databases, integrating datasets such as electronic health records (or similar), epidemiological or clinical trial databases
• Experience with documenting and maintaining data management processes
• Knowledge of principles of relational database design and administration
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Experience in using statistical software, for example, STATA or R
• Knowledge of principles of ethical standards in data management and confidentiality, including the Data Protection Act 2018, General Data Protection Regulation
• Familiar in use of electronic survey tools e.g. REDCAP, Qualtrics
• Familiar with principles of questionnaire design
Interviews will be held over Microsoft Teams.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake UK Ministry of Defence security clearance and apply for an Honorary contract with the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust.
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service and Occupational Health clearance.
Military, Data, Coordinator, Mental health research, Big Data