Responsible for external and internal communications plans that supports the University’s brand, corporate communications and marketing strategy and framework. Core communications portfolio covers internal/change communications, high visibility University level events, branding initiatives and collaterals.
If you enjoy making an impact and have a passion for words, videos and designs, we have a great opportunity for you to help shape our university's brand and communications strategy. Join us as part of an experienced and dynamic team that’s always seeking innovation and excellence.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
Corporate Communications/Branding and Events Marketing (40%)
- Responsible for the University’s core corporate collaterals (Annual Reports, corporate slides, year-end greeting cards) in close alignment with brand messaging
- Develops engaging content for the university’s corporate website and staff portal, including speech writing.
- Act as the Events lead for the department by developing and maintaining high standards and processes for the events discipline. Develop compelling themes and agenda for high-impact University events including ministerial visits and University forums.
- Maintain an updated University-wide events calendar.
- Work closely with Brand team on new initiatives that serve to build our University’s brand reputation
- Oversee facility branding projects at university level or act as advisor/facilitator for projects at school/departmental level.
- Stays informed of the key developments of communications and the education industry and help foster new ideas and innovation.
Internal Communications (40%)
- Collaborate and align with HR and senior management to build and reinforce our university core values by developing and implementing effective internal communications strategies, practices and initiatives to inform and engage internal stakeholders.
- Plan and executive internal communications campaigns and measure their effectiveness.
- Develop engaging content on the staff portal including planning editorial calendar, producing and editing content from other internal communications champions from across the University.
- Provide timely reports and leverage the analytics for learning and further enhancements of the staff portal, and report on monthly data analytics eg visitorship, page views, etc.
- Support and coordinates time-sensitive internal communications across all relevant platforms arising from organizational transformation, crisis situations, and new initiatives (eg. timely updates on COVID-19-related advisories, announcements.) in a timely manner on the website, staff portal and Digital Signage System
- Oversee and review content for the campus Digital Signage System, and drive further operational efficiencies.
- Work closely with Communications Director to improve the department’s operational efficiency including budget planning, department policies and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Communications, Journalism, Business, Marketing or equivalent field of study.
- 8 - 10 years of communications experience in corporate communications, public relations, journalism, integrated marcom or a related field, with strong exposure to digital platforms and content management systems like Sharepoint or Sitefinity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese with strong written and oral skills, including experience in speech writing, editorial flair.
- Passionate about and experienced in event marketing and related protocol, particularly those involving C suite and government officials.
- Result-oriented team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of applications/tools such as Canva, PhotoShop, Qualtrics (advantageous but not essential)
- Meticulous, self-initiated, strong project management skills