Lecturer/Associate Lecturer in Advertising and Communication, HCM
SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION & DESIGN
The School of Communication & Design is committed to providing an international learning environment that encourages cultural awareness, critical thinking, experimentation and, above all, the ability to think differently. Our students develop the competence, confidence and professionalism needed for successful careers in communication, design, fashion, film and video, and languages. See: https://www.rmit.edu.vn/our-schools-centres/school-communication-design
PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION PROGRAM AT RMIT
RMIT equips students to become a multi-talented communicator with cross-platform skills in the exciting and fast-growing media and communication sector. This career-oriented degree will train students in creating traditional and digital content that is both informative and compelling. Courses focus on advertising and public relations (PR). Advertisers seek to build the brand of a product or service in order to change consumer behaviour. PR practitioners seek to inform and influence members of the public in order to build a positive opinion of an issue or organisation.
With the communication sector increasingly in need of graduates who have a combination of skills in advertising, PR, and digital methods, this program will, through up-to-date learning activities, develop students’ capabilities to confidently step into the workforce.
When you join our Professional Communication Team as an Associate Lecturer or Lecturer, Professional Communication, you will bring your expert knowledge, education and experience to add significant value and impact to the teaching and industry engagement related activities involved in this role. As an academic member of staff, you can expect to deliver teaching undergraduate program whilst developing your own scholarly and professional capabilities. You will actively promote the program through establishing and maintaining networks and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities (locally and internationally).
In regards to teaching responsibility, you are required to deliver Advertising and Communication related courses of the Professional Communication program.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other. Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
- Associate Lecturer: A Master degree in the relevant discipline; have commenced or enrolled to commence in Doctoral course is preferred.
- Lecturer: PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification from a recognised institution.
- International candidates are required a minimum of 5 years’ teaching experience in Higher Education.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and teach programs at undergraduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Evidence of scholarly output including publications, conference contributions and/or technical reports in the field, or evidence of extensive industry experience and willingness to engage in scholarly research.
- Ability to engage in projects effectively with colleagues, industry and/or government.
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria. Experienced Associate Lecturers without a PhD will be placed at Associate Lecturer salary scale.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance upon commencement of role (with support to relocate overseas candidate (and family) from home location to Vietnam under current global COVID19 restrictions) + private medical insurance
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Christmas closure, plus public holidays and paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from experienced Mobility Advisor to assist in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need at least a Master qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching across relevant advertising and communication subjects in a tertiary education environment.
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and with no band less than 6.5 (or equivalent).
More information about Academic FAQ’s and information pack are attached here for your information.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV, covering letter, and a separate document addressing the Key Selection criteria by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link below.
29 thg 6 2021 11.59 pm
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community. As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.