Assistant Manager/Senior Executive, Planning Scheduling
Finance, Planning & Logistics
The Institute for Adult Learning (IAL) invites suitably qualified and experienced personnel to apply for the position of Assistant Manager to support training operations and data analysis for the Institute. This person will work closely with IAL’s Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) vendor in managing training resource planning and scheduling of programmes in IAL to meet resource utilization objectives and targeted training output, desired level of learners’ satisfaction and service standards, as well as to provide data analysis for performance monitoring, and reporting. This position reports to the Assistant Director, FPL Department Head.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage IAL’s analytics as a data manager and analyst which includes but not limited to:
- Developing and implementing databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality for programme management and customer service.
- Supporting business and information requirements to identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns and provide ongoing reports to keep track of key performance indicators (KPI) and aid strategic and operations decision making
- Lead the resource planning and scheduling of programmes with the BPO vendor to do the following:
- Master Programme Planner and central contact point with BPO vendor for all programme planning and scheduling related matters.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the appointed Training Admin BPO Team Lead to manage and guide a team of schedulers to ensure timely availability of training schedules for various programmes and delivery modes to meet learners needs.
- Collaborate and coordinate with stakeholders (on scheduling and planning of new programmes / programme delivery formats, resource requirements, Adjunct Adult Educators allocation etc.
- Monitor and conduct Internal audit to ensure and maintain a healthy monthly utilization of physical and ‘virtual’ room resources.
- Ensure the course run are uploaded to the Training Provider Gateway (TPG), a system by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) on a timely basis
- Manage L1 post course evaluations for all programmes conducted by IAL, including: preparing, collating and analysing feedback data collected, share analysis and areas of improvement with internal stakeholders
- Prepare and provide management reporting
- Consolidate and prepare KPI reports for IAL’s reporting to various stakeholders, committees and meetings, including those in SkillsFuture SG and Singapore University of Social Sciences
- Track, measure, report and evaluate BPO vendor’s performance for the outsourced training administration service lines
- Prepare and share Adult Educators’ (AEs) feedback evaluation reports from learners with AEs and I&E colleagues, follow up actions, if required
- Act as a custodian of the training data for IAL. Provide monthly statistical data and analysis from (a) number of training cohorts/intakes and training headcounts planned for each programme; (b) confirmed enrolment figures / training places for each programme, (c) training places achieved during the month, (d) number of assessments completed and (e) the number of SOA achieved. (Data are to be extracted or exported through the IAL Training Management System)
- Any other duties, including cross divisional project(s) that may be assigned from time to time by the management for staff capability development as well as to meet the organizational needs.
- Degree in Business Management and/or Business Information Technology or related fields
- At least 7 Years’ experience in training or operations management, process improvement and data analysis
- Proven experience in planning, process design and project/vendor management.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills are mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a team with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve the organizational goals and objectives