Research Assistant, Pharmacy
The successful candidate will be working in the laboratory of A/Prof Victor Yu at National University of Singapore.
The Research Assistant is expected to be working with other team members in one or more of the following research activities and tasks:
- To conduct experiments and data analysis to support ongoing research projects aimed at investigating the role of MOAP-1 protein in regulating physiology and pathology of chronic liver and neurodegenerative diseases.
- To assist in the mouse colony management and experimentation on in vivo models.
- To carry out administrative tasks such as procurement, budgeting, internal auditing.
- To work closely with the PI and team members to ensure compliance with regulatory, safety and ethical requirements (e.g. OSHE, IACUC GMAC and IRB).
Interested candidates please submit a full curriculum vita with contact information for 3 references to A/Prof Victor Yu (email@example.com).
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Qualifications / Discipline:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences.
Prior experience in working in a research lab setting in life sciences will be desirable. Applicants with technical competence in one or more of the following areas of work will be given priority in the selection process: cell culture, mouse models, molecular biology, Western blotting, RT-PCR and confocal microscopy.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-based interactive environment.
- Self-motivated with commitment to high work standard.
- Good work ethics.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Singaporean Citizen / PR are preferred.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus