The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant for investigating novel biomarkers in breast cancer in the Department of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointment will be made until 30 September 2021.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the project on time. The RA’s principal role will be to perform in vitro experiemnts, data collection and analysis.
Main duties and responsibilities
The RA will have to:
- Perform relevant cell and molecular biology experiemnts in vitro.
- Provide administrative support to the project such as procuring consumables and record keeping
- Conduct literature searches
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- Have a B Sc Hons degree with good results, preferably with some experience in research;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail; and
- have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS office, PowerPoint.
- Conversant with handling of cell cultures and performing in vitro experiments.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Competencies More Information
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Anatomy
Employee Referral Eligible: No