Student Service Officer
Department: School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE)
Duty station: Khujand, Tajikistan
Deadline: 30 June 2021
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The Student Services Officer is a member of the SPCE office of UCA and reports directly to the LC Coordinator. The main function of a specialist in working with students is to serve students on the territory of the SPCE representative office, to control the flow of information about the movement of students and graduates (their attendance and academic performance), and to provide services for the further development of graduates.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with SPCE students and visitors, including the following:
- Providing information on SPCE programs and / or courses to potential students;
- Providing assistance to applicants in choosing programs and courses in accordance with individual and professional needs;
- Instructing and assisting applicants in filling out applications for programs and courses;
- Receiving telephone calls to provide telephone feedback with students;
- Provision of consulting assistance to students when students submit documents for discounts / benefits for training in programs / courses of SPCE;
- Organization of meetings for starting groups; informing students about their rights and obligations, and their expectations;
- Active participation in promoting SPCE programs, organizing advertising campaigns (including social media campaigns);
- Transfer, collection and endorsement of contracts for SPCE students;
- Preparation of information for the accounting department on the starting group (Intake template, Contracts), tracking the receipt of payment for courses and other payments from students, assistance to the accountant as needed;
- Assessment by SPCE students upon completion of the course / program;
- Monitoring and introduction of the received information into the database;
- Preparation of preliminary documents for the completion of the course by SPCE students;
- Providing general communication with students, polling and monitoring information about the movement and progress of graduates; entering information into the database (SPCE Alumni Database, UCA);
- Substitutions and proctoring for taking final exams if necessary.
- Data processing and systematization, as well as preparation of statistical reports, including the following:
- Database of students (processing applications, questionnaires, registration of students);
- Indicators of student progress (examination sheets);
- Indicators of student attendance (based on class attendance) and regularity of classes (verification of information on individual plans);
- Development and adjustment of the schedule of classes;
- Constantly updating the catalog of programs / courses at the SPCE educational information stand.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in the fields of education, psychology or IT
- Work experience in the field of education management or in the field of IT for at least 2 years;
- Excellent knowledge of English, Russian and Tajik languages
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of Excel and Access is a major requirement
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th, 2021. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Student Service Officer”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.