Senior Coordinator, Committees
3 days left
- Full Time
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR – SECRETARIAT
SENIOR COORDINATOR: COMMITTEES
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 7
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Meeting management and performing a secretariat function:
- Drafting and managing the annual meeting schedule (in consultation with the Head: Secretariat);
- Determining and communicating deadlines for submission of documents to be included in the agendas of a number of institutional committees as determined by the Registrar, in consultation with the Head: Secretariat;
- Compiling draft agendas for approval by the Chairperson of each relevant committee;
- Receiving the relevant supportive documents for inclusion in the agendas;
- Finalising and preparing agendas and supportive documents;
- Accepting responsibility for the development and implementation of an effective document recording system, administering security levels for access to the database, and conducting searches of previous decisions at the request of various stakeholders;
- Performing quality control over the final agendas;
- Managing timeous duplication and distribution of agendas and supporting documentation to members of the relevant committees;
- Compiling supplementary agendas, if necessary, according to the same procedures as those for above agendas;
- Accepting overall responsibility for the logistical arrangements of meetings with regard to booking of venues, arranging parking facilities, arranging WiFi access, and refreshments by liaising with relevant staff members of the various departments and caterers;
- Compiling an attendance register and noting apologies at meetings;
- Electronically minute decisions taken at meetings and/or compiling notes of discussions;
- Facilitating electronic presentations by members of the meetings/guest speakers by means of a data projector, by liaising with the relevant staff members at IT services;
- Submitting the draft minutes of meetings to the Chairpersons of each committee for comments and approval before distribution of minutes;
- Communicating the decisions taken at the meetings to the members of the committees and other relevant stakeholders;
- Accepting responsibility for the compilation, updating, maintenance and management of follow-up actions by making action lists available to members of the committee and other relevant stakeholders and by gathering feedback.
- Meeting management and providing administrative support to the Head: Secretariat:
- Providing meeting management support to the Head: Secretariat with respect to meetings of Council, a number of Council Committees, and the Executive Management of the University;
- Standing in for the Head: Secretariat with respect to meetings of Council, a number of Council Committees, and the Executive Management of the University when necessary;
- Standing in for the Senior Coordinator: Committees with respect to meetings of Senate, Senate Executive and a number of Senate Committees when necessary.
- Supporting the Head: Secretariat in the effective functioning of the Secretariat and accept delegation of tasks by the Head: Secretariat to ensure the effective functioning of the Secretariat.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field;
- Six-years of proven experience in:
- Meeting management within an executive or senior management environment;
- The management of information, including the effective distribution of information within a senior management environment;
- Drafting and editing high-level management documents, e.g. drafting reports, compiling agendas and recording minutes;
- Liaising and reporting on a senior management level.
- Drivers’ licence.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Computer literate, in particular Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office programmes;
- Knowledge of the following:
- Emailing system and its functionalities to facilitate meeting management;
- Administrative systems and processes;
- Compiling agendas and minutes;
- Project management;
- Exceptional language and communication skills in English (written and spoken);
- Editorial language skills (terminology research/proofreading/editing);
- Proven good client relationships and interpersonal communications skills;
- Ability to interpret and act on information in agendas and minutes;
- Analytical and strategic thought processes;
- Exceptional planning, organisational, administrative and time management skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Six-years of experience in a tertiary or similar environment;
- Six-years of experience in the management and operation of a confidential database using relevant systems.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications.
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 23 June 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
FOR APPLICATION RELATED ENQUIRIES: Mr Grant Phakade, Tel: (012) 420 4028
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 August 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.