Associate Professor in HE Learning and Teaching
Greenwich Learning & Teaching (GLT)
Salary: £51,034 to £59,135 plus £3706 London weighting
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 25 June 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Greenwich Learning and Teaching (GLT) fosters learning and teaching excellence across the university by offering coordinated leadership and support of quality enhancement and assurance; a portfolio of development activity; and a forum for staff and student engagement with the learning and teaching agenda. The Associate Professor will take on institutional-level responsibilities and support the Head of Quality Enhancement in providing leadership to the Enhancement team’s work of supporting the enhancement of the curriculum, learning, teaching, academic support and assessment and feedback activities across the university. The postholder will work alongside colleagues on both the quality enhancement and quality assurance sides of GLT to ensure an aligned approach to work such as curriculum development and enhancement, enhancing assessment and feedback practices, personal tutoring, embedding wellbeing into the curriculum and work to close the BAME Attainment Gap.
Duties and responsibilities will typically include:
- Strategic responsibility for part of the QE team’s portfolio such as leading and coordinating a suite of provision and supervising the associated team.
- Leading the PGCertHE, including acting as module leader where appropriate.
- Leading/coordinating strategic projects to enhance the curriculum across the university and contributing to policy development, according to area of expertise.
- Contributing to the GOLD (HEA) recognition scheme and other professional development opportunities such as GLT’s programme of events and workshops.
- Contributing to curriculum design and development provision, including programme such as PACE, and advice and support for program approval and review (in partnership with the quality team).
- Providing tailored support, advice and guidance to Departments, Schools and Faculties according to areas of expertise.
- Line management of members of the Enhancement team.
You will undertake the normal range of responsibilities for academic staff on the learning and teaching pathway, including relevant teaching, scholarship, development activities in GLT and the wider university.
You will have a track record of effective academic leadership in curriculum development, the experience of providing support and advice regarding the development of programs and modules, a track record of contributing to the scholarship of learning and teaching, including publications and grant capture and a strong understanding of the support and development needs of staff who teach and support learning in UK HE. You will have leadership and influencing skills, and ability to effect change in pedagogic practice and to drive forward pedagogic projects, coaching and mentoring skills, scholarship, research and evaluation skills; excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills. You will hold a PhD, PGCertHE, and Senior Fellow (or Principal Fellow) of the HEA or equivalent.
For informal enquiries please contact Dr Jenny Marie, Head of Quality Enhancement, at email@example.com.
We are looking for people who can help us deliver our mission of transforming lives through inspired teaching and research, through our values.