Special Scientist, Assistant Researcher
5 days left
- Full Time
Title: Special Scientist (Assistant Researcher)
No. of Position(s): 1
Category: Total Employment of 6 Months
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Department of English Studies, University of Cyprus, announces one full time position:
- Special Scientist (Software Developer): 140 hours/month
The selected candidate will work as a Special Scientist on the UCY internally funded project MIGDISCY. The position also requires for the candidate to be able to travel for meetings (after the end of the COVID19 pandemic).
The candidate is expected to be a highly-motivated individual with proven capability to work in a demanding, multi-disciplinary research environment and eager to be actively engaged in the demanding activities of European projects, and collaborate efficiently with the MIGDISCY project research team. Minimal requirements include:
- Degree in Computer Science.
- Knowledge and experience on any of the following: accomplish technical ICT tasks, team collaboration.
- Very good knowledge of the English language.
- MSc and/or PhD in computing will be considered as a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will work on software development/engineering related tasks for the project MIGDISCY which is under the Department of English studies
The employment duration is set for a total of six (6) months, to be distributed in three parts: 3 months during 2021, 2.5 months during 2022 and 0.5 months during 2023, The payment is set at an amount of €9,69 per hour. From this amount employee contributions shall be deducted. There is no provision for salary. Cyprus citizenship is not a requirement, but he/she must reside in Cyprus during their employment period.
Interested candidates should submit by the 22nd of June 2021 the following items, in PDF format, via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English.
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s).
- The names and contact details of at least two persons from whom references may be requested.
For more information, interested individuals may contact: email@example.com
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).