Research Assistant, Cell-Matrix
The Mechanobiology Institute is seeking to recruit a Research Assistant with enthusiasm for cellular imaging and interdisciplinary research and will be working with Dr. Tee Yee Han. Successful candidate will participate in projects that aim to understand the mechanism behind left-right patterning in cells and tissue, which is essential for understanding tissue homeostasis and has potential application in drug screening platform.
Duties and responsibilities
- Cell culture assays: transfections, knockdown, immunofluorescence staining
- Microfabrication, microcontact printing, stenciling
- Microscopy: confocal, live-cell imaging and super-resolution microscopy
- Assist in laboratory administrative tasks including procurement, reporting and laboratory safety
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with deep-learning based image analysis and programming languages such as Python and MATLAB.
- Experience with RNAseq analysis
- Highly motivated and willing to learn
- A Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, bioinformatics, computational biology or related disciplines
- Fresh graduates are welcome; especially candidates with intention to pursue graduate studies in future
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Mechanobiology Institute