Data scientist and modeller (KTP Associate)
This is a unique opportunity to work as the KTP Associate between Northumbria University and Robertson Simpson Ltd with Method Valuation UK Ltd to develop an Automated Valuation Model (AVM) for Commercial Property, Trade Related Property and Development Properties to fulfil the current gap in the market. You will be involved in the core business development strategy of Robertson Simpson Ltd.
You will work closely with both the University academic team and Robertson Simpson Ltd with Method Valuation UK Ltd to develop novel statistical methods for automated valuation of Commercial Properties, Trade Related Properties and Development Properties.
- have an academic qualification in Statistics or Mathematics, or a subject with substantial component of data science/analytics, such as Economics, Engineering, Computer Science or Physics, ideally at postgraduate level. (Bachelors level would be considered with significant and relevant post-graduate experience.)
- be able to demonstrate a high level of knowledge in developing statistical models with complex structures and programming skills in R;
- self-management, including managing and meeting project deadlines whilst undertaking independent learning, project implementation, and team working in a multi-disciplinary collaboration (statistics, surveying and software).
- excellent written, presentation, and communication skills to explain complex ideas and systems
- write high quality reports and papers for publication and to develop promotional materials.
The opportunities available to you:
- Leading and delivering a challenging and strategic R&D project that directly impacts the business
- Support from an academic team with specialist knowledge and experience relevant to the project
- Potential to be retained in a permanent position within the company at the end of the project
- £4,000 professional training and personal development budget
- Residential leadership & management programme at Ashornehill College https://www.ashornehill.co.uk/
- Potential for performance-related bonus
Find out more about Robertson Simpson Ltd: https://robertson-simpson.co.uk/
Find out more about Method Valuation UK Ltd: https://www.method-vm.co.uk/
Find out more about the Department of Mathematics, Physics and Electrical Engineering at Northumbria University: https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/academic-departments/mathematics-physics-and-electrical-engineering/
For informal enquiries, please contact Dr Nan Lin: email@example.com
To apply for this vacancy please click 'Apply Now’ and submit a Covering Letter and your CV.
Northumbria University takes pride in, and values, the quality and diversity of our staff. We welcome applications from all members of the community. The University holds an Athena SWAN Bronze award in recognition of our commitment to improving employment practices for the advancement of gender equality and is a member of the Euraxess network, which delivers information and support to professional researchers.
We welcome applications from the UK and across the world.Visit our web pages for details about the Information and Support for International Colleagues.
Please note this vacancy will close on 02/07/2021