Research Fellow, Bioimaging
The Winston Zhao Group at the Department of Chemistry and Centre for BioImaging Sciences (CBIS) of NUS is seeking a talented postdoctoral fellow to work on a project studying the role of nuclear membrane-chromatin interactions during aging in single human cells using quantitative imaging methods (e.g. single-molecule tracking and super-resolution microscopy).
Our group focuses on developing and applying advanced imaging-based approaches to probe the biophysics of chromatin dynamics at the single-cell level. In particular, we are interested in understanding how molecular processes related to chromatin structure, accessibility, and expression are organized and regulated in space and time. Our research is generously funded by NUS Presidential Young Professorship, Young Individual Research Grant from the National Medical Research Council, and Tier 3 research grant from the Ministry of Education.
Our lab is located within CBIS, an interdisciplinary research center devoted to addressing key problems in biology using novel imaging technologies. Drawing diverse faculty from Biological Sciences, Chemistry and Physics, CBIS also houses state-of-the-art imaging and computational facilities for collaborative research within NUS and Singapore.
For more information on our group, please visit our websites:
https://chemistry.nus.edu.sg/people/zhao-ziqing/ (NUS Chemistry)
https://www.dbs.nus.edu.sg/staffs/zhao-ziqing-winston/ (NUS CBIS)
- Qualifications / Discipline: The successful candidate should have a Ph.D. in life sciences, chemistry, biophysics, physics, bioengineering or related fields
- Skills: The successful candidate should
- Have expertise in quantitative fluorescence bioimaging, with prior experience in at least one of the following: single-molecule/super-resolution microscopy, computational image analysis, optical instrumentation, or chromatin biology/biochemistry.
- Be highly motivated, committed, and capable to work independently as well as in a group
- Have strong publication record in reputed journals
- Have good communication skills in English (both written and oral)
- Recruitment package: Compensation and benefits package will be internationally competitive (including monthly base salary, annual performance bonus, medical insurance and vacation leave), and will be commensurate with experiences and qualifications.
Position is immediately available from 1 June 2021 onwards.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Chemistry
Employee Referral Eligible: No