Research Associate / Postdoc - Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden (CRTD)
At TU Dresden, Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden (CRTD), an institute of the Center for Molecular and Cellular Bioengineering (CMCB), the newly established Chair of Neural Development and Regeneration (Prof. Catherina Becker), offers a position as
Research Associate / Postdoc
(Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting as soon as possible. The position is initially limited for 3 years. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz - WissZeitVG). The position aims at obtaining further academic qualification (e.g. habilitation thesis).
The Research Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden consists of more than 80 research groups working in the field of haematology, diabetes, neurodegenerative diseases and bone regeneration. The CRTD explores the capacity for regeneration of the human body and aims to develop novel regenerative therapies, e.g. with hematological stem cells. In order to be able to develop such therapies, the research institute explores mechanisms of stem cell physiology in vitro as well as in vivo using animal models such as mouse, axolotl and zebrafish.
The newly established professorship of Prof. Becker is looking for post-doctoral researchers at any level who want to get involved in the efforts to elucidate mechanism of spinal cord repair (Cavone et al, Dev Cell, 2021, Tsarouchas et al., Nature Commun 2018; Wehner et al., Nature Commun 2017) and neurodegenerative diseases (Oprişoreanu et al., Cell Reports 2019) by making full use of the experimental advantages of the zebrafish model.
- Elaboration of new theoretical knowledge with the aim of developing new scientific methods to identify factors (genes, ligands, receptors, and cells) that promote regenerative neurogenesis (regenerative neurogenesis), or stimulate axonal growth;
- generation and characterization of CRISPR/Cas9 zebrafish mutants;
- breeding and management of mutants and transgenic fish lines (genotyping, crossing and documentation of lines);
- animal experimental activities (behavioral analysis of zebrafish mutants);
- immunohistochemical, molecular biological, biochemical and genetic investigation methods;
- qRT-PCR of FACS-sorted neuronal progenitor cells and immune cells;
- performance of spinal cord lesions in zebrafish larvae;
- analyses of different gene expression patterns in immune cells and neuronal cells by RNAscope or by classical in situ hybridization (ISH).
Requirements: the candidate is highly motivated with a university degree (biology, biochemistry, medicine, or informatics) and successfully completed PhD (biology or related field). Good knowledge of both spoken and written English is a requirement. Familiarity with the experimental model is an advantage, but not a pre-requisite.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please submit your comprehensive application including the usual documents by July 9, 2021 (stamped arrival date applies) preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf document to email@example.com or by mail to: TU Dresden, CRTD, Professur für Neuronale Entwicklung und Regeneration, Frau Prof. Catherina Becker, Fetscherstraße 105, 01307 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https: //tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis