Special Scientist Research in Department of Computer Science
Title: Special Scientist (Research)
No. of Position(s): 1 (full-time)
Category: 1 Year Contract (subject to renewal for 6-9 more months)
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The research laboratory of Software Engineering and Internet Technologies (SEIT) (https://www.cs.ucy.ac.cy/seit/) of the Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus, announces 1 (one) full-time Special Scientist (Research) position for in Web Engineering for the SocioCoast project (Interreg Greece-Cyprus 2014-2020).
SEIT focuses its research activities on Software Engineering and Internet Technologies.
The candidates are expected to be a highly-motivated individual with proven capability to work in a demanding multi-disciplinary research environment and eager to be actively engaged in the demanding activities of European projects, collaborating efficiently with the SEIT team:
- Candidates should be graduates in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and have a Master degree.
- Knowledge of Software Engineering processes (Agile development, Git).
- PhD will be considered a strong advantage.
- Work Experience.
- Existing experience in project management will be considered an advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will work on the SocioCoast project (Interreg Greece-Cyprus 2014-2020): SocioCoast aims to enhance the experience of the visitors to beaches in Cyprus and Greece. It will offer a number of tools for the provision of additional information to the visitors, managing environmental data, while utilising open data and data coming from the visitors. In the framework of the project, the candidates will undertake the following tasks among other activities (the official language of the project is the Greek language):
- Design and development of a knowledge platform containing data on the status of beaches and the coastline.
- Project management activities and reporting.
- Communication and dissemination activities.
Moreover, the successful candidate will be involved in research works in the areas the SEIT lab, including empirical software engineering and web engineering and in writing scientific papers and technical reports in English. Moderate travelling is needed (depending also on travel restrictions). Furthermore, the successful candidate will be strongly encouraged to pursue PhD studies (in case s/he is not already a PhD holder) or post-doctoral ones (in case s/he holds a PhD. holder). Finally, the candidate is expected to take an active role in the preparation of proposals for further funding.
The position is on a contract basis of one year, subject to renewal. The monthly gross salary will be in the range € 1827.68 – 2071.37for full time employment depending on qualifications and expertise. Employee contributions will be deducted from the above amount. The position does not include a 13th salary bonus .
- A detailed curriculum vitae in Greek or in English (contact address and telephone number should be included).
- Cover letter that specifies employment availability date, and the position the candidate is interested for.
- Copies of transcripts of bachelor/MSc/PhD degree(s).
- The names and contact details of at least two persons that can provide references.
Application deadline is the 28th of June 2021.
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
For more details and other information, interested individuals may contact the project’s coordinator: Dr. Georgia Kapitsaki (firstname.lastname@example.org).