Research Associate - Faculty of Psychology
At TU Dresden, Faculty of Psychology, Institute of General Psychology, Biopsychology and Methods of Psychology, the Chair of General Psychology offers a project position as
(Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting on October 1, 2021 for a period of 3 years with 75% of the fulltime weekly hours. The period of employment is governed by § 2 (2) Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (WissZeitVG).
The position is funded by the DFG project "Localizing individual steps of stimulus-response transformations in the human brain with highly parameterized models" (PI: Dr. Holger Mohr). The project aims for a better understanding of the neural transformation steps from visual input to motor output in the human brain. To this end, neuroimaging data acquired via functional MRI (fMRI) will be analyzed and modeled using techniques from machine learning, in particular deep neural networks.
- preparation and implementation of fMRI experiments
- analysis of fMRI data using machine learning based approaches
- implementation of data analysis pipelines in Python and Matlab
- presentation of research findings on conferences
- publication of research findings in international journals.
- university degree (Master or equivalent) in Psychology, Cognitive Neuroscience, Computer Science, Mathematics or related disciplines
- interest in working on neuroscientific research questions
- interest in machine learning based analysis methods, especially deep neural networks and deep reinforcement learning
- ideally initial experience with fMRI data and/or machine learning based frameworks, for example Pytorch or Tensorflow/Keras.
For further information, please contact the principle investigator, Dr. Holger Mohr (email@example.com).
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please send your application including a CV and certificates by July 9, 2021 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de) by sending it as a single PDF file with subject heading 'Application 3610' to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to TU Dresden, Fakultät Psychologie, Institut für Allgemeine Psychologie, Biopsychologie und Methoden der Psychologie, Professur für Allgemeine Psychologie, z. Hd. Frau Katrin Nachtigal, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https: //tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis
Please find the German version under: