Head of Actor Training
Fourth Monkey is recruiting an experienced, passionate and talented Head of Actor Training to join the team at their North London centre.
An inspirational leader and a collaborative team player with a demonstrable experience of working within the Higher Education sector, the main focus of the Head of Actor Training role will be to support the Director of Training in the smooth running and delivery of Fourth Monkey’s highly-regarded professional actor training courses, developing the training where necessary in response to industry needs and practices to ensure Fourth Monkey retains its reputation as a forerunner in contemporary actor training and fulfils all accreditation objectives and requirements.
The Head of Actor Training role will suit a confident and driven arts professional with a Higher Education background, excellent communication and motivational skills, an ability to build and develop strong relationships, a keen eye for detail and a strong and generous team player. This role will be a fantastic challenge for a manager with a passion for the arts who is looking to work within a supportive and collaborative working environment as part of the core team alongside the Director of Training.
Key aspects of this new Head of Actor Training role with Fourth Monkey will include:
- Course Development - researching and monitoring sector requirements to ensure course content responds to sector needs, student needs and aspirations, working with Fourth Monkey's accreditation partners in regard to course development, reporting and moderation
- Student Development - supporting the Director of Training to ensure Fourth Monkey continues to develop and grow its reputation through continued and exceptional student attainment, as well as industry progression; monitoring and evaluating student achievement to work with the Academic team to deliver all monitoring and reporting to accreditation partner, Falmouth University
- Practitioner Liaison & Management - supporting the Director of Training to maintain and develop a cohort of high-calibre practitioners and industry professionals to deliver course material and course productions, as well as setting quality standards, monitoring and evaluating accordingly, leading on practitioner development and training where necessary
The ideal candidate will preferably have a minimum 5 years experience of working in a similar Head of Department, Head of Courses or Departmental Management role, extensive experience of working and managing in a University or drama school environment, plus technical understanding and experience of teaching acting, movement or voice practices to professional / drama school level.
Full details of this role can be found in the PDF Job Pack, including Job Description and Person Specification, can be found in the attached supporting documents for this listing.
All applications should be submitted by email to Fourth Monkey's CEO & Artistic Director, Steven Green, no later than the deadline for submissions as advertised.
Applicants should send an up-to-date CV (including details of two referees, only be contacted with applicant's consent), plus a covering letter detailing how you feel you meet the Person Specification for the role. This covering letter should be a maximum of 2 pages long and should draw particular attention to any previous experience, plus skills and knowledge relevant to the role.
Please note; the deadline for all application submissions is 5pm Thursday 24th June 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview on Monday 28th, Tuesday 29th or Wednesday 30th June 2021, or Thursday 1st July.
If invited to interview, you will be asked to prepare and deliver a presentation, perform some tasks designed to test your suitability for the role and answer a series of questions.
When answering these questions you should always seek to substantiate your response with examples from your own experience. You should allow approximately 1.5 hours for the whole interview process.
About Fourth Monkey
Fourth Monkey Actor Training Company is a leading drama school, arts organisation and registered charity based at a dedicated training centre in Finsbury Park, North London. Since marking their ten-year anniversary in 2020, Fourth Monkey have experienced significant growth as an organisation, including the school's two-year training course receiving accreditation from degree-awarding partner, Falmouth University, to become the BA (Hons) Acting Accelerated Degree, and adding the newly accredited CertHE Acting & Theatre Making and MA Collaborative Theatre courses to our professional actor training provision.
As we head further into our second decade as a leading drama school, arts organisation and registered charity, we are now recruiting for a variety of new opportunities to support our ongoing growth and evolution and to join the collaborative, dynamic staff team based at our North London centre.
Fourth Monkey is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive, where every voice is heard and every voice is celebrated. We welcome applications from those who are currently under represented in our workforce - in particular those who are ethnically diverse.
Fourth Monkey is committed to equal opportunities in recruitment and employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to an organisation and ensure that no job applicant or employee receives unfavourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
More searches like this
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Senior Management & Heads of Department London (Central) London (Greater) jobs in London (North)
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Heads of Department London (Central) London (Greater) jobs in London (North)
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Other Senior Management London (Central) London (Greater) jobs in London (North)