Lecturer / Public Health Programs
6 days left
- Full Time
Lecturer / Public Health Programs
Qatar University Profile
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar, comprising nine colleges and offering the largest selection of undergraduate and graduate programs in the country. Qatar University seeks the highest international accreditations of its academic programs, while ensuring they are aligned with the growing needs of the labor market and the aspirations of the society it serves. It currently boasts a population of over 20,000 students, and an alumni body of over 40,000.
Qatar University launched the QU Health Cluster in January 2017 to provide closer alignment and integration between the health entities at QU. Together, the College of Medicine, the College of Health Sciences, and the College of Pharmacy create a dynamic environment that embraces experts in the education of health care professionals. Areas of collaboration at QU Health include research, graduate studies, clinical affairs, continuous professional development, inter-professional education, engagement and communication, as well as business operations.
College of Health Sciences
In 2016, the College of Health Science (CHS) became the ninth college at Qatar University, building on a 30-year success story as a department. CHS is the national provider of high quality health sciences education and research in Qatar, offering undergraduate (BSc) programs in biomedical sciences, human nutrition, public health, and physiotherapy as well as graduate programs in biomedical science, genetic counseling and public health.
CHS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural research funding. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, including a variety of student research funding programs.
The College of Health Sciences is seeking to recruit a qualified candidate for a position in Public Health at the level of Teaching Assistant, starting in fall 2020. The appointee will assist faculty members and coordinators of B.Sc. and MPH programs in planning, assessing and administering the courses. There will also be some independent teaching, particularly tutorial sessions and student work-groups, in addition to student advisory role.
Application Deadline: 15/7/2021
Position Category: Academic
Employment Type: Full Time
Position Term: Three Years
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach courses in biostatistics at the undergraduate level
- Teach independently introductory and/or other professional and technical–based courses.
- Prepare and deliver lectures, tutorials and practical classes
- Assess and evaluate student assignments and grade student performance
- Organize and conduct field trips and supervise internship and field studies
- Serve on departmental or faculty committees dealing with general departmental and administrative concerns, as assigned by Head of Department.
- Support research activities in the department
- Contribute to academic advising and assist in Department/College events
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
Required Qualifications and Desired Competencies
- Master degree or higher in biostatistics or a similar field
- Experience in teaching biostatistics to public health and/or medical students in an academic or clinical setting
- Effective classroom teaching and presentation skills
- Familiarity with educational technologies in higher education
- Research skills and administrative skills
- Flexibility in dealing with various academic and administrative tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with students on an individual basis or in small groups and to liaise with faculty members
- Arabic language is preferable