Teaching Assistant, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics
- Manage communication and administrative needs of modules including risk assessments.
- Recruit, train and supervise Part-Time TAs
- Oversee scheduling of field trips and laboratory practical sessions
- Undertake and manage all continual assessments (CAs)
- Initiate improvements to management and pedagogy with advice and support from module coordinators
- Conduct workshops, guide field trips and mark corresponding assessments.
- Be prepared to conduct lab sessions and mark corresponding assessments.
- A Bachelor (Honors) Degree in Science or in a relevant field, practical related experience is desirable and/or experience in science education and communication
- Demonstrated understanding of the new CHS curriculum and goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills to provide high quality student-focused services, and a strong interest in student welfare
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently, prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines with minimal supervision.
- An ability to convey information in both teaching and research in a clear, concise and interesting manner (training is provided).
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team and manage groups at the undergraduate level.
- Familiarity with administrative processes, with high attention to accuracy and detail.
- Demonstrated skills with the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Experience with any/all of Mathcad, Mathematica, Python or R may be an advantage.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Dean's Office (Science)
Employee Referral Eligible: No