Assistant Professor in Finance, Areas of Corporate Finance or Financial Markets
The Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position: Assistant Professor in Finance (areas of Corporate Finance or Financial Markets)
Workplace: Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, Brno, Czechia
Type of Contract: 3-years contract with possible prolongation and tenure-track, academic position
EU Researcher Profile: R2
Working Hours: 1 FTE (full-time employment of 40 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: December 1, 2021 or later
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: 1. 10. 2021
- successful academic publishing, participation in ongoing research projects and acquisition of external research grants (Czech Science Foundation, Marie Skłodowska Curie individual fellowship, MU internal grants, etc.)
- teaching bachelor’s and master’s courses in corporate finance or financial markets
- supervision of bachelor’s and master’s theses
- Ph.D. in Finance (or related areas) or graduation expected by the end of 2021
- a demonstrated ability to write high-quality publications in Finance and publish in high-impact academic journals
- teaching experience and knowledge of e-learning
- 3-year initial contract, with possible extension and tenure-track
- possibility of subsidized university housing and relocation support
- friendly international working environment
- opportunities for professional growth (e.g., university seminar series, internships, exchanges, participation in research projects)
- motivated team of researchers and students
- an interesting job in a dynamically growing university environment
- flexible working hours and home office
- employee benefits (8 weeks of paid vacation per year, contribution to pension savings, language courses, university cinema, exclusive mobile tariff, sport activities, vaccination)
About the workplace
Masaryk University is an academically diverse and research-intensive university with a strong commitment to high-quality research and education. The university offers an inspiring research and teaching environment to its 35,000 students and 5,500 employees. Learn more at https://www.muni.cz/en/
The Department of Finance is an intrinsic part of the Masaryk University offering bachelor, master and doctoral study programs in Finance and Finance and Law. Master’s degree program holds CFA and ACCA accreditations. The Department also provides a training on the analysis of credit, market and operational risks in FinTech applications for the employees of the Czech National Bank.
The Department develops a multidisciplinary pole of expertise to propose both fundamental and applied research on risk analysis, financial market development, investment decisions, economic and financial fragility from the perspective of complex science. Department’s research activities are mainly focused on the following topics: volatility forecasting, examination of financial market linkages using network approach, profitability and risk analysis of P2P loans, network-based portfolio optimization, analysis of model risk in market and credit risk modelling. Our research activities are currently funded by the Czech Science Foundation, Technology Agency of the Czech Republic and European Union’s H2020 research and innovation program. Results of our research are published in the Journal of Corporate Finance, Energy, North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Journal of the Operational Research Society, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Applied Economics Letters, Finance Research Letters and Journal of Risk Model Validation. We also participate in a COST-funded European research network - FinTech and Artificial Intelligence in Finance (FinAI).
Application together with a cover letter detailing candidate’s research agenda in the next three years, academic CV, job market paper (or recent publication), photocopies of relevant academic qualifications and two letters of reference should be sent to HR department of the Faculty of Economics and Administration via e-Application on Masaryk University website (see below). After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail from jobs.muni.cz.
For further information about the position and the department, please contact Head of the Department, Oleg Deev, e-mail: email@example.com
If you need help uploading your application or have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact HR supporter Eva Karkošková, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of personal background. The selection process is based on an Open Transparent Merit-based Recruitment Policy. Masaryk University does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation. The faculty holds the HR Excellence Award.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
prof. Mgr. Jiří Špalek, PhD