Programme Support Assistant
Job Profile Administration - Administrative Roles
Contract Type Permanent
Members of the School of Nursing Business Support work together and with the Dean, Senior Management Team, Academic Team and wider university central team to ensure that all School of Nursing administrative and support processes are properly set up and aligned across all programmes.
The work of the Programme Support team is organised into three broad areas of responsibility, focusing on the following aspects of the student journey:
- Pre-registration and On-Programme administration for Pre Reg-Nursing and apprenticeships
- Student Journey
- Attendance & Examinations administration
Programme Support Assistants work primarily consists of data inputting but are also required to work flexibly across the three areas of responsibility as determined by the Programme Support Managers to meet demands in workload as and when required so as to effectively manage School of Nursing administrative tasks are completed and to support the smooth operation of all programmes.
BPP University School of Nursing has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a nursing career. Working with over multiple NHS and Healthcare providers nationally. BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional nursing education giving students the core skills and a well-rounded approach and skill set to ensure success. This is an entry level position for those looking to build on their administrative skills.
- Working with the Business Support team to support the building and maintenance of relationships between the School of Nursing and all BPP operations teams as directed
- Building knowledge of the School of Nursing administrative and support processes to work within a dedicated delivery team.
- Providing team members with excellent support service and issue resolution.
- Building a good understanding of all School of Nursing administrative and support processes to allow flexible working across the areas of responsibility, as required.
- Other key responsibilities are determined by the Programme Support Officer's primary work area (pre-registration, on-programme or exams) and are set out at the end of this job description.
- Other administrative support activities as and when required by the School of Nursing.
- Accept, log, pack and distribute uniform and resources to other sites
Department School of Nursing
Vacancy location UK, London, London Waterloo
- Experience of inputting large volumes of data whilst maintaining a high attention accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to producing and managing documentation
- Excellent IT skills (particularly Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Concise communication skills – both written and verbal – at all levels
- Able to develop rapport and build and maintain strong working relationships with School of Nursing students, tutors and other internal stakeholders
- Able to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload and multi-task as directed
- Able to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Experience of working in a HEI and or an NHS environment
- Experience of accepting, logging, sorting and dispatching deliveries
- Ability to accept training on IT systems
- GCSEs / A Levels in Maths and English,
- Experience of working in the HE sectors
- Experience of working in the NHS
- Experience of using attendance tracking systems
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic DBS check
Contract Hours 37.50
Salary Up to 22,000 depending on experience