Research Costing and Bids Coordinator Assistant
School/Department Research & Innovation
Based at Cranfield Campus, Cranfield, Bedfordshire
Hours of work 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday. Flexible working will be considered.
Contract type Permanent
Salary Full time starting salary is normally in the range of £24,739
Apply by 27/06/2021
Cranfield University’s world-class expertise, large-scale facilities and unrivalled industry partnerships is creating leaders in technology and management globally. Learn more about Cranfield and our unique impact here.
The Research & Innovation professional Services Unit welcomes applications from Research Costing & Bids Coordinator Assistant.
The Research and Innovation Office (RIO) supports researchers in working together to achieve excellence and impact in delivering the University’s vision for research and innovation. The Research Commercial function within RIO is focused on enabling the research activities of the University whilst mitigating and protecting against contractual, financial risk and security risks.
About the Role
The post will report to the Research Costing & Bids Accountant and whose primary responsibilities will be to:
- Support applications for Research Funding and Commercial projects by generating the required costing documents, working with the academics and obtaining the necessary approvals.
- Generating quotes as requested
- Keeping up to date with the various funding guidelines where applicable
- Ensuring that the project costing and associated documents and database are updated and complete.
- Regular searching for Research Tender opportunities relating to the Framework Agreements held by the University and disseminating these to the academics.
- Supporting the wider team when required.
You will need to;
- Be numerate, with a good attention to detail and be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of programmes (particularly Excel).
- Communicate effectively and establish rapport and credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be motivated and pro-active and work successfully both as part of a team and independently.
- Be able to manage and prioritise a varied workload from multiple clients to achieve required deadlines and deliver in a time pressured environment.
Our shared, stated values help to define who we are and underpin everything we do: Ambition; Impact; Respect; and Community. Find out more here. We aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together and realise their full potential.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our equal opportunities and diversity monitoring has shown that women minority ethnic groups are currently underrepresented within the university and so we actively encourage applications from eligible candidates from these groups.
We actively consider flexible working options such as part-time, compressed or flexible hours and/or an element of homeworking, and whether a position can be carried out at any of our locations. We commit to exploring the possibilities for each role. Find out more here.
How to apply
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Paul Stygal, Research Costing & Bids Accountant on 07855 369234 or (E): firstname.lastname@example.org