Professor/Associate Professor And Director Of School
FACULTY OF ECONOMIC AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
PROFESSOR / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR AND DIRECTOR OF SCHOOL (ONE POST)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the vacancy of Professor / Associate Professor and Director of the School of Public Management and Administration
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and giving it a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- The strategic, academic and operational leadership and management of the School;
- Planning and managing the academic and research programmes of the School and enhancing its research profile;
- Promoting high standards of academic education and best practice in methods of delivery;
- Promoting multi-disciplinary and transdisciplinary teaching and research;
- Playing an active role as academic leader at national and international levels;
- Recruiting and managing the staff of the School and actively supporting their continuous development;
- Teaching and postgraduate supervision commensurate with other responsibilities;
- Managing all financial activities including externally funded projects of the School;
- Funding raising for the School’s activities;
- Developing and implementing a vision for the School, aligned with the broader strategic goals of the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences and the University;
- Leading curriculum design and development processes for the School;
- Ensuring constructive alignment of the School curricula with the academic content of faculties through ongoing/continuous negotiation.
- A relevant doctorate degree;
- Recognised academic status in the relevant discipline;
- Strong leadership and communication skills;
- A proven research and publication record in the relevant discipline and in top international journals;
- Experience in supervising of postgraduate students (Master’s and PhD students);
- Experience in high-level liaison with internal and external stakeholders and professional boards;
- An established national and international profile and network;
- Must be appointable as Associate Professor or Professor;
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Academic standing in the relevant discipline;
- Experience in interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary collaboration;
- Experience in high-level liaison with internal and external stakeholders;
- International recognition;
- Strong leadership skills, as well as strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong academic administration skills;
- External/third stream fundraising experience.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Management experience at a tertiary institution;
- An NRF rating.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV (prepared on UP’s prescribed template);
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of four referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Self-evaluation (Teaching and Research);
- Your vision for the School
Candidates are expected to make a 20-minute verbal presentation to the Faculty Recruitment and Selection Committee on his / her vision for the School.
CLOSING DATE: 24 June 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mrs Ziyanda Mashalaba, Tel: (012) 420 2655
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 August 2021 please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised.
More searches like this
- Economics & Econometrics Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in South Africa
- Economics & Econometrics Directors jobs in South Africa
- Economics & Econometrics Academic Posts jobs in South Africa
- Economics & Econometrics Professors / Chairs jobs in South Africa
- Economics & Econometrics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in South Africa