Postdoctoral Fellow, Lifelong Education for Aging Productively in Singapore
Postdoctoral Fellow Position available for Project on “Lifelong Education for Aging Productively (LEAP) in Singapore”
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable full-time Postdoctoral Fellow for the above project at the Centre for Family and Population Research, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), National University of Singapore (NUS). The appointment is tenable for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of renewal.
Background info on the project
The rapid population aging in Singapore calls for innovative solutions to enhance the human capital of a population to ensure the nation’s economic growth and social development. The project aims to illustrate the potential of a developmental strategy for the greying Singapore that concentrates on the promotion of productive aging through encouraging lifelong learning, economic activeness and social participation among older adults.
The Postdoctoral Fellow is expected to provide research support and has administrative responsibility for the project with Associate Professor Feng Qiushi (Sociology/CFPR) as the Principal Investigator (PI).
The duties include the following:
- Assist PI with literature review, analyses of quantitative survey data and qualitative interview data; qualitative study design and fieldwork supervision; preparations of research manuscripts for conferences and journal submissions;
- Assist PI with administrative coordination for the project;
- Ensure data collection complies with the required guidelines, such as research ethics;
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
The postdoctoral fellow should ideally have the following:
- PhD degree or equivalent in Social Sciences or Statistics;
- Strong quantitative research skills;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Strong organizational skill and interpersonal skills;
- Previous research experience in aging-related research projects is preferred;
- Previous involvements with surveys or in-depth interviews is preferred
Interested applicants are invited to apply and provide the following list of application documents:
- Cover letter and Resume (outlining interest, qualifications, expected salary, and publications, if any);
- Personal statement (maximum of 2 pages);
- Copies of degree scrolls and transcript of grades;
- 4 official letters of recommendation, including one letter from main PhD supervisor
Review of applications will start till the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified via email. For more information, please visit our website: https://fass.nus.edu.sg/cfpr/
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Arts & Social Sciences
Department: Dean's Office (Arts & Social Sc.)
Employee Referral Eligible: No