Associate Librarian/Senior Associate Librarian, Discovery and Technology
Digital Library Services
The Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) Library seeks a self-motivated, innovative and service-oriented individual to develop, maintain and enhance web and library systems and applications to deliver a user-centred search, discovery and delivery experience. Reporting to the Discovery and Technology Librarian, the successful candidate will also manage the library website and support the day-to-day operations of the Library. He or she will be part of a lean team, working collaboratively to deliver information resources and services that support the learning, teaching and research activities of the SUSS community.
- Administer, enhance and troubleshoot the Library’s systems and applications for faculty, staff and students.
- Manage in-house and outsourced projects.
- Work closely with staff and vendors to configure and integrate enterprise systems as well as third-party software with the Library’s systems and applications.
- Maintain documentation for the Library’s systems and applications.
- Evaluate and explore emerging technologies, practices and trends in information technology and make recommendations for adoption.
- Lead and/or participate in library initiatives and projects.
- Provide training and library services as required.
- Engage in continuous development, and serve the Library and University through representation on internal and external committees, where required.
- Perform covering duties and other departmental or organisational accountabilities as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or equivalent.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, XML and SQL is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with SaaS solutions is an advantage.
- Knowledge of web application prototype, design, development, testing, implementation and support, i.e. full SDLC.
- Excellent organisational, project management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly service-oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Adaptable and able to thrive in an evolving work environment.
- Ability to apply user-centred design methodologies and usability principles.
- Keen interest in library as well as new and emerging web trends and technologies.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Fresh graduates are welcome.