Research Assistant, Human Biomedical Research Study
6 days left
- Full Time
The Research Assistant will be involved in a multi-cohort Human Biomedical Research study. He/she will be based at various outpatient clinics across the NUHS, and will be primarily responsible for subject recruitment and other research deliverables for the study. He/she will work closely with the Principal Investigator(s) and research team to ensure smooth progression of the study.
Duties & Responsibilities
A. Subject Recruitment and Blood Collection
- Lead the research team on a multi-cohort HBR study, and act as the main liaison between clinicians, clinic staff and the research team for research project.
- Be involved in subject recruitment, scheduling and blood collection for banking. Assist in screening patients based on study eligibility, and communicate the study aims to potential subjects in layman terms. Obtain consent taking, administer study questionnaires and follow-up on study participants.
- When necessary, to perform venipuncture for research blood collection.
- Work closely with research team, clinicians, clinic staff and other relevant internal departments to ensure research study needs are met.
- Able to work on tight timelines, set sensible targets and achieve research deliverables.
Duties & Responsibilities
B) Research Documentation/Administrative duties.
- Perform data collection and data entry with accuracy.
- Set up and maintain Investigator study files, including records of consent taken and blood collection.
- Responsible for maintaining the project’s adherence to research protocols.
- Write and execute study protocols and workflows to ensure strict compliance to HBRA research standards, Singapore Good Clinical Practice Guidelines and other regulatory and ethical requirements.
- Communicate with the relevant ethics board and submit necessary documentations.
- Prepare necessary documentation for audit purposes.
- At least a Degree in Life Sciences, or related discipline.
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant clinical research experience is preferred, but fresh graduates are welcome to apply. Experience in leadership roles, subject recruitment or sales/customer service will be advantageous.
- Preferably have attended the Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Program or a similar course.
- Able to motivate and lead the team on tight timelines to achieve research deliverables.
- A self-starter. Able to work independently, and in a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Meticulous, well-organized and able to multi-task.
- Bilingual (fluent in Mandarin/Malay/Tamil) – To explain about the studies and obtain consent from patients. Some patients may speak predominantly Mandarin/Malay/Tamil so being bilingual will be useful in communication with them
- Willing to travel between the Hospitals and external study sites as part of his / her work.
- Relevant venipuncture/cannulation certifications & experience will be advantageous.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No